The Queen

Apparently all Grenadier guards are over 6 feet

1 Like

Yes you are right , but they all looked identical in height .

Is that with their hats on, also how in earth can they see anything.

No it is six foot, bare headed and bare feet

Without the bearskins - which have. a quite fascinating history- taken from Napoleon’s defeated Imperial Army

Mmm it appears I might have struggled to get a gig.

How does Briton now move on, is there a collective wake?

1 Like

No we will all have a period of reflection in our own way.

We will later celebrate the new King at his coronation.

1 Like

Oh dear the piper walking away- theres a moment

10 Likes

Again a lovely piece.

Take care I’m off to bed.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity I looked up the reg plates on the Rangeys following The Queen’s hearse to Windsor.

Apparently both belong to Silver 2015 VW Caravelles. And their MOT’s are overdue!

4 Likes

I’ve posted links to both orders of service on the Music at the Queen’s Funeral thread. Both include full lists of all the music.

Mark

1 Like

Another magnificent tribute by thousands of people. I was fine until Kirsty Young ended it; no idea how she managed to keep it going.

6 Likes

Somewhere near Hereford?

1 Like

Outstanding send off for our great Queen.
I cried.

Looking forward to the Coronation.

Vivat Rex.

5 Likes

I did the same up here with her majesty’s hearse in Scotland it came up as a 2 litre diesel silver Mercedes’

Yes, Kirsty’s last words (and the departing piper) did it for me.
I think that Auntie should be commended for the TV coverage. The BBC are often criticised but when it really counts, as for today, they can provide some incredible and tasteful coverage.

8 Likes

Huw Edwards of the BBC deserves recognition for his outstanding coverage especially the Thursday of her majesty departing.
And
Kirsty Young for holding it together.
Very moving and poignant.

9 Likes

Hi Mark,
Unfortunately the BBC links don’t seem to include the March played by the military during the coffin transfer from old hall before the service. It certainly was a fabulous tune and very fitting.