The rebirth of the integrated amplifier: what would a Statement Supernait look like?

What we need is a graham slee accession with extra input for a dac and selectable power amp outputs. One amp for headphones and the other selected after speakers and room size.

But in that box :slight_smile:

It’s not available for sale.

Shoebox integrated amps are back in vogue, here’s yet another contender in the sub £1k bracket

MM phono, Bluetooth & DAC

1 Like

Is it just me, but are there a lot of crimped connections in that Alluxity amp? Maybe I’m conditioned from spending hours pouring over pictures of the insides of Naim products, now when I look at almost anything else they all seem a bit untidy and put together in a hurry.

I should have prefaced that by saying I know nothing about electronics, let alone what makes a good joint!

[Edit: the casework does looks great though!]

or Naitment

1 Like

Where’s the thread where someone made mock-up images of ultranaits?

Found it

Here’s your 500 series (almost) integrated (in 2 boxes).

16 Likes

I wonder if more likely are active Focals with a high end Streamer/Pre? Always fun speculating!

2 Likes

I’d forgotten about creating these mock ups!

A no compromise 50 Series HyperNait to commemorate Naim’s 50th next year would be a very interesting proposition, especially with some of the noise isolation techniques employed in the latest Classic streamers. Maybe, a limited edition unit, with perhaps with styling cues to bridge the gap between Classic and Statement / Uniti design language, as per the Chrome Bumper Nait2 when the Olives were introduced.

1 Like

…or MegaNait!

Not sure I see a plethora of retro integrateds. Certainly integrateds are no longer seen as a mere budget stepping stone to high end audio. Many are now the real deal end game amp. The variety of stylings simply shows what a growing market it is.

1 Like

A Statement Streamer might not be such a pipe dream. Just saying :thinking:

Active Focals would work brilliantly with the Atom HE, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Nova HE on the roadmap too, the replacement 272 has been too long coming. Matches made in heaven for the Naim/Focal partnership?

1 Like

Neither was the CD555 at the time, but then again many people were not so enthralled with it and preferred the CDS3 at the time, others were obviously pleased with the step up of the CD555 over the CDS3.

My family is from West Yorkshire. “You’ll ‘ave what you’re given lad, an’ like it.”

3 Likes

Could Naim take a standard SN3 and improve it very much without breaking into pre / power? A milled from solid Aluminium case would be quite wasteful and expensive with that size enclosure.

Would be nice to see a premium shoebox integrated in the same enclosure as the Solstice phono stage, but I assume it couldn’t be all that powerful.

1 Like

There already are active Focals, I believe. Not heard of anybody using them with Atom HE, though.

Roger

Good point Roger, I wasn’t aware so looked them up but they all appear to be for the studio/pro audio space?

New gorgeous Aavik I 880 integrated. A kind of Statement integrated, at 70k . I add it for my 2023 dream only purchases.

10 Likes

You don’t need to wear glasses to read the front panel of that amp

5 Likes

And ofcourse it doubles as central heating. A little bit to big to fit on our furniture :joy::joy:

3 Likes