The Soundtrack Thread

This is the soundtrack to The Coldest Game a very noir espionage film surrounding a Chess game in Warsaw, Poland and the Cuban missile crisis.

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware of this movie, it seems to be pretty interesting. Nice soundtrack too.

Great OST to a crazy movie - visually & aurally stunning!

3 Likes

A few other wonderful soundtracks:

The Divide OST (Yasmine Meddour):

Tekkonkinkreet OST (Plaid):

Solaris OST (Cliff Martinez):

1 Like

One from Max Richter…

1 Like

@litemotiv Solaris is quite something!

1 Like

The first 2 sountracks from The Crown are memorable in my opinion, however Martin Phipps made a great job as well. If anybody is interested, I would suggest the track called “Philip”.

2 Likes

Not really a fan of the film, but the soundtrack is surely one of Morricone’s finest and that’s saying something. And Gabriel’s oboe, what a theme – shivers down the spine guaranteed.

Roger

8 Likes

Late Night Tales - At the Movies . An excellent collection nicely mixed together in the Late Night Tales way . A really good CD for the Soundtrack enthusiast . Close encounters of the 3rd kind mixing into Once upon a time in America is seamless.

3 Likes

Ryan Taubert - Anomaly

One precious moment is the track I enjoy the most.

1 Like

James Newton Howard - Vertical Limit

First track is epic!

2 Likes

Theses are forth a listen…

4 Likes

The Man form U.N.C.L.E. (Daniel Pemberton), Sony , 2015, CD

Truly brilliant, crystal clear with PRAT aplenty, this album recreates the brilliant musical sound field of the original TV series, and then some.

1 Like

Alexandre Desplat - The Imitation Game

2 Likes

Craig Armstrong - Elizabeth: the Golden Age

I knew that I liked a vinyl soundtrack or two, so thought it might be interesting to lay them out on the floor and post a photograph (singular).

5 Likes

Top gun! Danger zone. Mighty wings, Playing with the boys, Lead me on, Take my breath away, so many great tracks. Takes me right back to the movie and beautiful iconic F14 Tomcat.

3 Likes

@Swanny The Gladiator is surely one of the greatest!

1 Like

Well it’s certainly very good but probably not my favourite.

Lately I’ve been playing the Austin Powers OST a lot. A really good mix of old classics, some rocky numbers and some easy listenin’ toons.
I also regularly play through the Tarantino film OSTs as well, particularly “Kill Bill 1 & 2”, and “From Dusk till Dawn”.

Put a gun to my head though and I would have to say the greatest film soundtrack of all time (IMHO) is West Side Story. The sound quality is nothing to write home about, and I don’t listen to it very often these days, but … that music!!!

1 Like

@Swanny I think my favourite soundtracks might be: Jurassic Park, Mission Impossible Fallout and The Crown. But surely there are many other nice ones too. I’m not a fan of Kill Bill but it’s quite unique, no doubt.