The Soundtrack Thread

I almost forgot that very good movie!

This is quite an unusual and unique soundtrack:

Ludwig Goransson - Tenet

2 Likes

Hi Blacknote,
Have you seen the film and did you understand it? I have and didn’t :blush:

You are not alone in this @Dashing! :smiley:
I found the movie quite intriguing, but I need to watch it again to fully understand it (I admit I had the same problem with Inception but this one is worse!). Meanwhile I appreciated the soundtrack, the editing and the photography.

Oh yes, Inception another Christopher Nolan film. What was that about? :joy:

And movies should help you to relax, not in this case!
I think I understood Inception after watching it 2-3 times. However they are quite unique movies, no doubt.

1 Like

Ok I’ve started another thread in Padded Cell which will explain all. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Tenet soundtrack - I bought it a couple of days ago.
Fascinating listening to it, technically stunning. I find it very ‘cerebral’.
Was interesting to read he wrote the music, then notated it in reverse for the musicians to play alongside the ‘forward’ music.
A bit like the actors having to learn the fight sequences 4 times - the forward version (forward and reverse) and the reverse version (forward and reverse).
I will give it the time it needs to listen to properly soon.

1 Like

Quartet Records, a Spanish speciality label, has just announced a release of a new transfer of John Williams’s extraordinary score to Robert Altman’s Images (1972).

For anyone who thinks John Williams can only do brassy late-Romantic bombast and cutesy tunes, this avant-garde and experimental score will come as a great shock.

It’s been sourced from ‘a recently discovered stereo element, the only available source that could be located’ so I’m hoping it sounds good. Unfortunately, like all small-label soundtrack releases these days, it’s fearsomely expensive for less than 40 minutes of music, but it’s a case of quality over quantity. Post-Brexit shipping costs from Madrid to the UK are also bowel-clenchingly steep.

Mark

1 Like

I agree, I find it unique and fascinating as well. It’s very distinctive, somehow deeply visceral, compared to other recent soundtracks. I would say that Ludwig Goransson, as well as Hildur Guðnadóttir, are the most interesting and out of the ordinary composers right now. There seem to be an invasion of Northern artists!

@Ebor I’ve never heard ot that soundtrack, you made me very curious now.

Images was available on Spotify until recently. YouTube currently has a few bits and pieces you can listen to, though obviously in dubious quality.

It really is quite something…

Mark

1 Like

Creepy horror film & a very atmospheric OST, this has to be the ‘scariest’ music I have heard…

1 Like

Alexandre Desplat - Zero dark thirty

2 Likes

Me - I just have a box set of Jordan’s Savall playing Marais. :smiley:

Edit - spell check made me do it. Jordi Savall

1 Like

I prefer the original Broadway cast with Gwen Verdon, Chita Rivera and Jerry Orbach.

1 Like

Awesome, I will follow the lead and have a listen! That said, imho they did quite well considering in the movie. Didn’t know some of them can sing. :sweat_smile:

Thanks! :+1:

Ludwig Göransson - Venom

Marco Beltrami - Le Mans '66

Don Davis - The Matrix

1 Like