The Soundtrack Thread

Clint Mansell’s score/soundtrack for the Film Pi is fantanstic… As is the film!

download

2 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:

Haven’t posted in this thread before.

This arrived yesterday:

I first heard this score at HMV in Oxford Street years ago, wondered what it was and bought the original Decca Phase Four LP:

Herrmann Obsession, P4

Great to have this new expanded recording.

Herrmann has always been one of my favourite film composers, Others are (in alphabetical order):-

Marco Beltrami
Danny Elfman
Jerry Goldsmith
Alan Silvestri
John Williams

Also love a lot of the old classic Hollywood composers, e.g. Korngold, Rozsa, Steiner, Tiomkin and Waxman.

I have a few of the old RCA classic film score series (National Philharmonic/Charles Gerhardt) on LP and hybrid SACD.

Favourite soundtracks, in no particular order

Williams: The Empire Strikes Back/ET/Jaws & Jaws II
Goldsmith: Star Trek - The Motion Picture/The Omen Trilogy
Rozsa: Ben Hur (one of the greatest film score ever composed)
Silvestri: Judge Dredd
Elfman: The Nightmare Before Christmas/The Corpse Bride/Beetlejuice
Herrmann: The Hitchcock scores and the Fantasy Film scores such as The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Jason and the Argonauts, and Mysterious Island.

6 Likes

The Morning Of The Earth cover is confusing, as it uses a ‘Doors’ typeset (think ‘Waiting For The Sun’).

I’m more familiar with the Morning of the Earth covers than the Doors album so no confusion here. :grin:

Hans Zimmer - Dune

1 Like

any good?

+1

Been listening to this a fair bit, the soundtrack to the new Wes Anderson movie. If you like wacky atmospheric French movie sounds this might be up your street, even sneaks in the Swingle Singers. Remember them?

Lorne Balfe - Black Widow

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.