The UK's Next Prime Minister

You should have waited until it was too late for an edit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

On a more serious note, in South Cambs, if it wore a blue rosette, a monkey could get elected. Heidi will need to get a proper job after a GE …

A monkey would probably do a far better job than most Tory MPs

2 Likes

Try again … it still ain’t right lol

You also need to change “sign” to “sigh” …

Well it’s all grammatically correct now - but the content is still unadulterated nonsense … c’est la vie …

This is Don’s new PM fantasy thread, so unadulterated nonsense is quite acceptable. You’ve had far more practise at it than i, so should do well here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Didn’t take you long to descend to the personal insults then :joy::joy::joy:

I thought you’d take that as a compliment! ; )

1 Like

Here’s an interesting perspective on Heidi Allen’s future in the Conservative party;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/times-mps-like-heidi-allen-make-mockery-democracy/

… so anybody thinking about a bet on Heidi as the next PM should keep their money firmly trousered (imho).

I think part politics is fundamentally flawed, and all MPs should be independent, the newly elected members then electing one to be prime Minister, who then invites applications for, and then selects, their cabinet. But maybe fewer than 659 MOs would be better, making the whole process more manageable.

1 Like

Hmmm, being a Cambridgeshire local I’ve seen quite a lot of what Heidi has to say. She’s very charming, erudite and pretty (I know that shouldn’t count in a politician but it does win votes). So she has potential.

However, she has quickly learned to say all the right things but will not say how to put them in practice. So, playing the role of an opposition politician then. Usually, when asked questions about what she thinks and what her solutions to issues would/should be, she is evasive to say the least.

We know what she doesn’t like and we know what her rose tinted utopia would look like, but for now at least I’d like to see an awful lot more substance in her plans.

We could loan you Leo Varadkar for a few years just to get you all back on track again. And if course if the son of a immigrant from India was pushing things too far there’s always Simon Coveney.

Our opposition leader Micheál Martin would also be an option but he would possibly have to Anglicise his name.

And the tabloids would certainly like the opportunity to lambaste Lazy Leo, Simple Simon and Mad Mick.

.sjb

Trust me, you don’t want to know.

I would like to see Nicola Sturgeon. Don’t see how to make it happen though.

I would want her to take the UK back into the EU.

2 Likes

Francis Urquhart (:wink:)

5 Likes

Jean Claude Juncker.

2 Likes

Interesting to see David Miliband mentioned here. He often appears on our PBS NewsHour and has always impressed. Knowledgeable and thoughtful.

Obviously the wrong skill set for PM.

So true, at least recently. But given where I live I can hardly be too critical of the political choices of others.