The UK's Next Prime Minister

I’m maybe incorrectly assuming your’e American ?
I agree David would be a good choice, infact things started to go a bit tits up for Labour when the unions gave us brother Ed instead and further compounded this error by backing comrade Corbyn.
I think out of the current Labour politicians Tom Watson comes across well but personally think our Nicola will do a great job leading an independent Scotland.

1 Like

Sounds too Russian I’m afraid!

And, ironically, Jeremy is a bit Jewish…

Nigel it is then, a good English name

Not sure he’d be very useful. Abortion, same sex marriage and homosexuality have been legal here in the UK for (up to) half a century; and our mental health budgets have already been cut enough, thanks very much.

Young Leo is seen by many here as little more than a Juncker stooge, so I’m not sure he’d be that popular, either.

Thanks for the offer, though.

1 Like

Actually it’s Irish. Via Normandy.

How about Ken Clarke? Very experienced, level-headed, pragmatic, good sense of humour, gravitas, doesn’t take himself too seriously. Age not a problem these days.

And very knowledable about jazz Mike. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m warming to him even more, Kev.

1 Like

Yes, Kenneth is an English/British name. He’s fine.

The name Kenneth is of Scottish origin

Not really. It’s an Anglicised name derived from two different and unrelated Gaelic names. Wikipedia tells me so.

And anyway, given Scotland is still part of Britain and England & Anglicisation are of and from each other, then my post still stands even if it were, I feel.

Not really well before the time of Scotland becoming part of the UK in 1707, Kenneth is anglicised form of the Gaelic names Cainnech and Cinead

If we are being factual it is Irish via Scandanavia via Normandy, actually, but where I come from Nigel is a name very much associated with being very English.

Funnily enough, a chap I know is called Kenny McGregor. And he is very Scottish. Go figure.

Guess the clues in McGregor :joy:

Yeah that and he’s terrible at football…

Definitely Scottish then :grin:

A lot to be said for PR …

1 Like

Think you are right about PR, it’s evident the inability of need to work together is sadly absent from the first past the post system.

1 Like