The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

This looked rather impressive, apparently the sidecar is custom built.

5 Likes

Looks like a giant bee learning to fly…

3 Likes

recent visit to Severn Valley to see Sir Nigel - but got to Bewdley tender first and the 7712 saddle tank just pulling into Arley

12 Likes

Gloster Javelin FAW9 XH793 c1960

7 Likes

Hopefully I will get to Navy Day at Old Warden and this will be flying

10 Likes

From RIAT 2015

6 Likes

Having grown up on a V bomber base…

13 Likes

From the Brussels train museum

9 Likes

I think 1/125th second shutter speed is needed :wink:

The Vulcan: Amazing aeroplane and technology for the day.

My father recalls day and night exercises in Gloster Javelins simulating attacks in the ‘Cold War’ and he was always astonished on approaching a Vulcan, at speed, that its turning circle could out perform that of his fighter jet!

Richard

3 Likes

It was taken from along way off and cropped . it was more about the sight of three Hurricanes together than the quality of the photos

1 Like

It was a damned site better photo than I could have taken. I would have had three silhouettes!

1 Like

Seafire?

steve

1 Like

The Seafire was the carrier born version of the Spitfire .

It is also notable also for its post war record, where one plane formed Fidel Castro’s airforce and is now on display outside the Museum of The Revolution.

The testicle crushing machine inside the Museum Of The Revolution gives a graphic insight into why many Cubans thought revolution was a good idea

Well, the Javelin was a very heavy aircraft with some ‘issues’ :wink:

The Gloster Javelin did have at least one advantage in that;

“A complete box of Tiger Beer would fit into each gun magazine and be perfectly cooled after flight”

:grin:

3 Likes

Yesterday Ragley Hall

16 Likes

One I am pretty sure I have not shown here before, very mixed feelings about it.

To be blunt, mostly negative

6 Likes

The Noise Abatement Society on patrol

13 Likes

From last weekends Thruxton Historic Race meeting.

10 Likes