The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

ahh yours is on a sunny day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, an Invicta! Lovely. I had one of these as a Dinky Toy.

4 Likes

What is that? (Other than a very narrow Citroën DS)

Presumably it’s a work of art. I took the photo at the Pompedou Centre.

A bit of muscle

3 Likes

If we’re also sharing strange old vehicles, how about this?

Taken at 2019 Goodwood FOS.

George.

6 Likes

Marvellous. I wonder what is underneath? Probably something like an old transit van!

£3495. Bargain. might be fun explaining it to an insurer though, assuming it is roadworthy.

No thread is complete without the inevitable Troll …

just in case you were unsure, I have marked the name with a red arrow !

Cue for Hawks or Gnats …

@BruceW, it’s based on a 1994 Toyota Previa minivan, and was selling for £34,995.

There’s some more photos and a background story here.

G.

Lotus Cortina. Taken at the Egham Royal Show
A teacher had one of these when I started secondary school and we spent most breaks just drooling over it.

10 Likes

A few favourites from Goodwood…

You have to love a car that runs an aero engine. This is one of the prettiest ever made - John Cobb’s Napier Railton, all time lap record holder at Brooklands. A beautiful beast.

How many here tried building the giant Airfix model of the Blower Bentley? Utterly lovely, and I hear that Bentley may be building some continuations for some lucky owners.

Just exquisitely beautiful; When the name Maserati really meant something very special indeed. This Maser A6GCS Berlinetta in blue (below) is the one I might just swap a kidney for…

(alas, this last one is not my picture).

8 Likes

I love the roll cage on it!

Thanks to Ian for a great thread idea and to all you contributors for your pictures and thoughts. This is just great.

I want that blue Maserati or maybe that Aston Martin Zagoto or…

1 Like

A patient of mine used to take his Bentley blower for a run regularly. It was just as likely to be in Tesco car park as roaring down to Switzerland. All with the pedals reversed.

He was utterly scathing of anyone who wrapped their cars in cotton wool. He also had a V12 E type coupe but considered it a girls car.

Bruce

1 Like

Did someone mention AM Zagato? Here’s a trio (roadster, coupe and fast back) from Goodwood last year;

…and here’s a 60% clay model (Shown at the AM factory in Gaydon, Warwickshire) of the latest AM Zagato - a DBS GT. They’re making 19 full sized cars, priced at only £6M (though you do get a ‘free’ DB4 GT Zagato continuation car at that price) - see price list at the bottom.

George.

5 Likes

A Snipe.

10 Likes

Apologies for the new cars above! To balance, here’s some vintage Zagatos that I photographed at the special Zagato exhibition at the 2019 Goodwood FOS as well; DB4, Fiat Abarth and V8;

G.

6 Likes

That is a very rare photo .

Anyone else think those new Zagato are trying way to hard. Ditto much modern Aston styling IMHO.

I would be suprised if they survived the current situation, pretty precarious beforehand