The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

9 Likes

A selection of photos that I took at Biggin Hill Air & Car show last year;

George.

11 Likes

Thanks George , I always feel slightly uncomfortable seeing the 109, you can imagine my feelings when I went for a walk one day and it flew over me .

This isn’t as unusual as it might sound as we have a beacon about a mile away and I have seen Spitfires and Hurricanes as well as an Anson all on the same route.

2 Likes

Vampire & Venom, with some Cold War metal.

12 Likes

London Transport breakdown tender, based on a Leyland Titan PD3 Chassis, one of 9 delivered to LT in the 60’s. Taken at Redhill Steam Fair.

4 Likes

Now that’s what’s meant by Social Distancing

5 Likes

Breitling Wing Walkers taken at Abingdon Airshow.

6 Likes

Lovely Old De Havilland DH.82A Tiger Moth taken at Abingdon Airshow.

4 Likes

Some more of same aerobatics team from Biggin Hill last year;

G.

5 Likes

Whilst I salute their bravery , I think they must be nuttier than squirrel poo to do that

2 Likes

British Railways Standard Class 4MT 2-6-4 Tank Locomotive No 80151. Taken at the Bluebell Railway

8 Likes

Here’s a photo I took last year at Brands Hatch of a 1934 Aston Martin 1½ litre Mk.II, Brooklands “Double Twelve”.

I was rather pleased that it made it onto the cover of the September 2019 Aston Martin Owners Club (AMOC) newsletter;

G.

7 Likes

Ok, not plane, train or automobile, but industrial boats capture my attention too.
A collection of inshore fishing boats pulled up onto the beach on the Suffolk coast at Aldeburgh.(on a cold misty March morning)

10 Likes

I did wonder about including boats, maybe I should have called it planes and boats and trains , whatever it is certainly in the spirit of it

Stunning 1948 Triumph Roadster taken at NT Sheffield Park and Gardens.

5 Likes

“Snap” @Simon-in-Suffolk
IH311

7 Likes

Some Aston Martin DB5s and a DB6 undergoing full restoration at Pugsley and Lewis in Beckenham;

G.

9 Likes

Some racing MGs from Brands Hatch last year;

G.

6 Likes

An Aston Martin DB1 - very rare - from Simply Aston at Beaulieu April 2019.

G.

6 Likes

32AF53C6-E290-4215-902B-4603FB6CF07A-10532-00000B3317F041A8

The local green had a cricket pitch with an old cricket pitch roller much like this one.
Later used a more modern one, but the old one was kept out for us kids to play on for some years.

3 Likes