The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

Can’t help but feel that if your co-driver is looking out of the side widow rather than where you’re going, you’ve probably overcooked it…

5 Likes

Likewise. Unfortunately he didn’t quite make the full day. Brought it up to the start for the 8th and final stage and it stopped, couldn’t restart it.

2 Likes

As Bob Newhart would say, I think the conversation went something like this…

I’ve got a great idea, I think we should have a go at a circuit rally, you’ve got an old car haven’t you?

What, the Ferrari?

Yeah, it’ll be great fun!

You could be right, I’m enjoying this.

Even these funny bits off the circuit…

Um…

F…

It’ll buff out…

Don’t talk to me.

3 Likes

No prizes

4 Likes

Wellington?

1 Like

Or Duxford?

The Brooklands Wellington, a few years ago in the old hangar.

1 Like

Virgins recent attempt to deploy satellites from a rocket launched from 747 reminded me of an old USAF 16mm film I have highlighting their state of the art technology in the early 60s. They used a piloted rocket, an x-15, launched from a B52 to reach lower outer space.
It was some plane. Mach 6.7 but looks like a bitch to land.

2 Likes

They also experimented with recovering re entry capsules using a plane. Lassoed the parachute ropes and dragged it into the plane.

3 Likes

A picture that has been taken a thousand times before

11 Likes

there’s a reason it’s been taken so many times

1 Like

Morning Sunbeam

10 Likes

Evening Pug

5 Likes

Night Porker

6 Likes

Des O’Dell would have been proud :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice one here’s ‘Tangmere’ on a Golden Arrow’ jolly passing Streatham last autumn

10 Likes

Talking if Chevrons here’s Neil Glovers immaculate B 37 F5000 from 1976 behind is Frank Lyon’s McRae GM1 taken at last years Super Prix Brands Hatch July '22

5 Likes

Hi Richard, there may be an easier way to contact you but could you please re-open the ‘How is your SIPP?’ Thread?

Thx

Didn’t they do that in at least one Bond film ?

For a very good reason…

6 Likes