The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

but still enjoyable every time

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re correct.

Sounds like something your typical Bond villain would do. :grinning:

I could only imagine how uncomfortable this must have been. There doesn’t seem to be any suspension whatsoever they definitely bred them tough in those days.

All of our friends that have farms have huge air conditioned sat nav guided monsters now that particularly drive themselves.

6 Likes

Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway, Good Friday.

steve

7 Likes

I thought it might be a Lamborghini tractor ,but it’s a David Brown , I think bone jarring is how I would look at that

1 Like

I think a draught horse would be more comfortable.

2 Likes

You could be right, although a draught horse wouldn’t be much slower than a tractor of that age so driving it over rough ground is more likely to make you seasick than shake your bones, despite suspension being limited to a spring under the drivers seat.

Ha I didn’t look there but I think you’re right. The horse would probably be more reliable.

This brought back a memory I’d forgotten about. I lived opposite Oxford train station as a child and would often marvel at the steam train that would pull in and out of the station. You’d hear the train a long time before it actually arrived at the station.
There were often more trainspotters there than travelling passengers :grin:.

3 Likes

Hi Ian and @Don if you look on one of the various maps apps using the satellite view, you can see the outline of the runways and standing areas. Oddly the runways seemed to converge on one point rather than the usual ‘pub bench” side profile.

As I’m sure you know there are remains of buildings around the site.

1 Like

Weardale Valley Railway last Sunday.

:grin:

5 Likes

A couple of related cockpit sections spotted today

6 Likes

Shiny

1 Like

Great and Small

5 Likes

What’s with the Dalek?

1 Like

That’s a Sunderland in the background?

I can’t recognise the plane in the foreground

Where is that? RAF Museum Hendon?

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Fairey Swordfish III, AirSpace hangar at IWM Duxford.

2 Likes

Galactic domination of time and space

3 Likes

Alfa Montreal at Duxford yesterday. Just stunning, and so small.

13 Likes