The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

I’ve probably flown all of those. Not my favourite aircraft, but a sad end nonetheless.

The ugliest passenger aircraft flying today

1 Like

At Dhahran I was relieved to go onto ADV, not IDS. I really wasn’t designed for working in zone 19!

I was in the pneudraulic workshop 1991-93, then on ADV OM 1995-99.

I probably have rose tinted glasses on now, but they were happy years for us, over all. I handed my notice in when I was given notice to transfer to Tabuk.

I’m afraid that is probably true in Britain too, despite WWII being in the National Curriculum.
We cover it at primary school and residing in ‘Bomber County’, there is a lot of living history to remind us.

In the UK we certainly commemorate Remembrance Day and the sacrifices made by so many but, with time, I think the knowledge and understanding of what was actually involved is diminishing as generations come and go.

Isn’t that inevitable?

1 Like

Anyone remember ITV’s We’ll Meet Again?

B17s and Susannah York! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

11 Likes

And again

3 Likes

Scrub that photo two posts above!

Was it some kind of event?

It was described as an open day on their website list of events. I’ve no idea what the set up is there, but an old RAF mate is starting work there as a volunteer this week, building a new section of wing for Just Jane. I’ll find out more as time goes by.
Events here: Lancaster taxy times -Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre

We also had a nice flypast courtesy of a BBMF MkV Soitfire

5 Likes

I’m going to make a wild assumption here: someone’s granny had one of the best days of her life

8 Likes

Well I’ve learnt something today. Planes taxy not taxi

1 Like

Air Taxis taxy

1 Like

They taxy on a taxiway or taxilane

Start ‘em young

2 Likes

Just in case anyone’s under the flightpath this evening and would like to prepare!

https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press23/bbmfpropchastise80thapr2023.htm

2 Likes

Havana taxi rank. Probably not all original but they look the part.

6 Likes

Bet they are not battery operated :slightly_smiling_face:

They weren’t moving far because there was a fuel shortage!

2 Likes