The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

Now that they’ve finished restoring the Victor, they’ve begun restoring the Shackleton. This will be beautiful when finished. Another three years or so is my guess.

5 Likes

From my daily dog walk, I can also see them from my back garden.

1 Like

I’ll assume you mean the Cardington airship hangars, not the geese :slight_smile:

Hangers? :wink::joy:

Pardon?

?

You’ve lost me.

My late father, finally realising a dream, six years ago

13 Likes

Hangers?? As in, What Hangers lol!
A very poor attempt at humour.

Hangars… not hangers.

Sorry!

D’oh!!

1 Like

How about a Spitfire and Hurricane from the Shuttleworth collection.

8 Likes

I worked on these very aircraft, F3 Tornados of 29Sqn RSAF, in the 1990s while at Dhahran. Stripped of parts useful for the GR1s, they were just dumped in the bondhu on the airbase. Photo taken a few years ago. Sad.

7 Likes

Apology but it will be vintage one day and will be sorry to see it go

4 Likes

Just Jane is kept just 2 miles away from the school I work at. A magnificent machine. The BBMF is based not that far away either.

When I was growing up I lived in the flight path of RAF Binbrook. Soon after it closed they used it to film the Memphis Bell. I still vividly remember summer days spent on the school field watching 4 or 5 B17s flying overhead all at once - quite remarkable when one thinks about it, especially as it was a good 50 years after WWII!

Alas one was lost to an accident during filming. Fortunately no one was killed.

1 Like

My father’s Triumph 1800 saloon which we sold 5 years due to lack of use. Fortunately the new owner is enjoying it still - we met up with him last weekend.

15 Likes

My MGB GT. My very first car which I have owned since 1996. It shares the garage with my other toy, the orange Focus ST.

6 Likes

Very nice indeed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Many thanks.

I thought that was a great film, but it’s far enough in the past that the Americans I work with daily have never seen it and perhaps more sadly do not know of the sacrifice the USAAF aircrews made in WW2.

1 Like