The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

Been waiting for our new our new phone connection finally got it today. :grin:

3 Likes

I had one of those given to me as a kid to play with. I wish I had it now. Cool looking thing.

1 Like

I finally got round to digging some up…

The first one is inspired by all the Bulleid pictures posted earlier but firmly belonging to a rival concern. This was a few years back and led to quite a gathering at my local shed in Didcot. I think there were 4 Castles there (not all visible), built as far back as 1923.

Moving abroad, but with a railway theme, when I lived in in NYC I’d often walk past the disused floating bridge by 69th St on the Hudson side that used to be used to get trains on and off the island. The George Washington Bridge is in the background.

Also while in the US we visited Virginia, home now to the USS Wisconsin, launched in Philadelphia in late 1943.

10 Likes

Captured this on the South Downs a couple of months ago. Looked in good original condition except maybe not the colour.

4 Likes

Not seen chrome this good on such an old bike. Had 18k miles on the clock.

8 Likes

Ahh, the dirt track. Nice post. Undersung heros. Well … not heros by my standards, but not publisised enough …

1 Like

Couple of engine run ups yesterday evening.

14 Likes

At the wedding of my wife’s cousin this 23rd of September afternoon.

14 Likes

She’s a runner. Click on pic.

Imgur

7 Likes

On the ramp at Northolt this evening

Hurricane at night by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

6 Likes

Hurricanes AND Typhoons.

Close up with what’s more commonly banging around a few thousand feet above my head.

8 Likes

Modern vintage

Quite awesome being so near these and below is a video of the one on LHS. Moved round to do the one on the right, nearest me and…Well let’s just say it didn’t come out so well! The heat and wind blast was immense.

5A4A2795 by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

3 Likes

Be a Busman’s holiday for you then!

Awesome.

2 Likes

After nearly 15 years they still don’t bore me.

2 Likes

I’m sure a few here will be interested. For the first time in about 50 years, a Hawker Tempest flew yesterday, after a very long restoration.
And yes: Bristol Centaurus power!

8 Likes

One if my clients is Sywell way. Must pay him a visit😉

1 Like

That is great.

1 Like

Duxford Flying Finale day yesterday. Lots of stuff on the list for a ‘Flying Day’ rather than one of their full shows, albeit most of it the ‘usual’ crowd and with a few no shows for some reason.

Taking pics not made easy through trying out a new pair of ‘reactalight’ glasses and with the sun low and in my face for most of the day I couldn’t see a thing through the viewfinder!

First time I’ve seen Chris Heames’ Jet Provost however :grinning:

6 Likes

Duxford is always difficult, what with the crowd line looking south, into the sun. And, of course, current rules dictate that aircraft are usually too far away, too high, or turning away from you. Or all three. So you end up with every photographer taking the same shots from the same place at the same time.

Nice JP though :slight_smile:

Not my picture but I did go to the recent Severn Valley Diesel Gala where the picture was taken.

IMG_4361

11 Likes