The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

On a farm near us. Sad.

3 Likes

Flixton, on the Suffolk/Norfolk border.
The pub is the Buck Inn.

Near Pershore?

Yes. They have been there for years.

1 Like

Sad? Not so sure about that, at least they are no longer able to go about killing anyone.
What I find sad is that some of the most beautiful and exciting things built by humans are designed specifically for killing.

1 Like

Yawn.

1 Like

Past your bedtime?

We’re all grown ups here. We all know what military aircraft are for. Humans have been in conflict since well before arguments about mains cables and dedicated ring mains started.

I stayed there once whilst helping a friend with a layout at a model railway exhibition.

Decidedly odd place. Wouldn’t have chosen it myself but it was it was provided and I wasn’t paying.

steve

1 Like

I like odd places, such as the Green Dragon Inn that you had to pass through to visit Hardraw Force, near Hawes.
And tearooms up and down the country. It can be like an episode of Inside No.9 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The bottom picture is a Gloster Meteor I think?

Do you have it’s number as I’d like to check my dad’s log book to see if he flew it?

Thanks,

Richard

I found this website which relates to the site. Old pictures I think.

@TRL Arguments about cables are paticulary sad.

1 Like

For anyone interested, may I suggest you check out events on a couple of weekends in June.

The Sywell show is returning for a one off this year, quite the line up too.

The Midlands Air Festival is across three days and also has some nice varieties on each :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

On a farm near us

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Intriguing…Off Roading in a B2.

And some proper vintage in Sunchon…

3 Likes

Went to the sand racing at Mablethorpe beach on Sunday. Loved the Norton ‘bitsa’…

4 Likes

Not in the UK.

I see this De Havilland DH-112 Venom FB.50 every week on my way from home to work.

J-1580 is the guardian at the gate of Londrino Airport.

3 Likes

10 Likes