Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

I haven’t watched many of his shows, just a couple on Netflix and his ‘After Life’ series. He seems to me to be using just the degree of cynicism that’s effective against the pervasive hypocrisy of our time. Just my opinion, of course.

1 Like

He’s obviously never been a victim and like many these days seems to lack empathy which is the major problem we face in this increasingly divided world, but that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Zhukov was quite a general. Good one to name a dog after!

2 Likes

I understand. I have no way of knowing if he’s been a victim or not; I have been in my very early years, and still find him regenerating. Our opinions, of course.
Best.

3 Likes

Well, since the cat was called Ike, it seemed the fair thing to do.

Willy.

2 Likes

We had a cat we called Bernard :slight_smile: passed away this year but no regrets for the name.

Friend (ex Guards) who sometimes joins us on walks has a cat named Winston.

Not forgetting that, in a slight twist on the theme, our geese are Yamato and Musashi.

Willy.

2 Likes

I think your naming may be a bit more sophisticated than ours! Latest kittens are Beans and Toast. Named by the farming daughter - she is very good at naming (one of her calves is called Janet, which is an excellent name for a cow. One of the hens was Steve) though I was unduly pleased at calling our first cows Erm and Trude

5 Likes

Sounds like great fun :grinning:

Don’t spend it all at once – yesterday’s Lotto draw has generated £5 + Free Lucky Dip, a fair return for a £6 stake. Of great surprise though was that I asked for 2 x Lucky Dips and one of those had 3 numbers the same as against my standing single line.

“Sheep, the only animal known to have a flock meeting each morning to decide who is going to die for no apparent reason”.

Said one of our Vets

3 Likes

Our Welsh sheep farmer neighbours would definitely concur

1 Like

A very simple thing but after 4 months of poor health I have resumed walking each day about a week ago. Yesterday I went out during a break in the clouds and decided to go for it. Having done 4 miles flat out at around 4.3 mph and without breaking sweat I think I can safely say I’ve sustained no lung damage from the pneumonia. Just the pulmonary embolisms to be discussed in January now.

12 Likes

Great news Mike.

2 Likes

That’s really good , not quite a run but a very brisk walk

best wishes for a healthier 2024

(and a good cup run for Wrexham)

1 Like

I’ll cheat slightly, what I’ve done for the last 365 * 24 hours is not be in hospital. 5.30pm last New Year’s Eve I was discharged from hospital after the third of three stays totalling 67 days from mid-August, and now a full year without being in hospital.

21 Likes

& long may this continue.

Happy New Year to you.

2 Likes

Thanks Cf.

Happy New Year northerners.

13 Likes

Happy New Year @Pete_the_painter.

2 Likes