Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Glad you mentioned that. I was tempted to visit Napa in our time in SF later this week but I think we will be better off concentrating on the city. What would your must-see be for there?

We were on the 4th of July the place was packed. You couldn’t actually get out of town, I’ve been twice I just the usual things galleries, I didn’t bother going to Alcatraz but the other half did she enjoyed it. I just spent time on the cable cars.

1 Like

I spent one of my loveliest, dearest holidays in Stanton St John, OX, once. We rented a cottage and enjoyed a peaceful couple of weeks.
One episode from Inspector Barnaby was actually shot there.

4 Likes

I’ve finally come to the Riviera Ligure for a week of swimming, walking, pedaling and taking in as much sun and iodine as possible.
My entrée was to sit at a place I always went to with my former companion, have a Negroni and (try to) say goodbye to everything that’s gone.
Now, off to the beach.

@DrMark
(Mark, you’ll understand this well…)

11 Likes

I spent 3 years at LP. Saw some great bands.

I was at the University, from 82 to 85, doing my PhD. My housemates’ arty girlfriends were at the Poly doing fashion and textiles.

1 Like

I left in 81. I enjoyed Leicester.

Lovely, that’s my go to cocktail to. Hope the chat went well.

2 Likes

It’s going well, thanks. Goodbyes are a lot of stuff, but traveling light is wonderful. :beach_umbrella::slightly_smiling_face::cocktail:

3 Likes

Capisco perfettamente…

1 Like

You have no idea the confusion I cause when I ask for a Vegan black coffee

Mutley

5 Likes

Is that no oat milk, no soy milk or no almond milk sir?

3 Likes

How do you milk an almond?

2 Likes

Wearing strong rubber gloves and with a steely grip

When I really want confuse them I ask for a vegan and gluten free black coffee.

Last week when asked about my steak I asked if it was from buttercup or daisy , I was rewarded with a look of panic

1 Like

Why would you want to confuse people who are paid minimum wage and work hard for their money? It’s not clever, it’s annoying. You might find your comments amusing but you can guarantee that those on the receiving end don’t. They will just dislike you, which is sad.

5 Likes

I’ve just typed a letter.

I have been working part time for a few years in a “semi-retirement” job.

4 weeks notice. Handing it in tomorrow.

7 Likes

Never offend the people serving your drink or food.

I knew somebody whose boss was always rude to her. Everytime he insisyed she make him a coffee she pissed in his cup first.

2 Likes

Indeed. Workers in shops have enough to put up with, without people making funny comments and thinking they are clever.

1 Like

Tell me about it.