Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

I am getting to that age. :grinning:

2 Likes

Reminds me of the legendary Warren Buffett now 94 years old who published a few years ago a great book detailing all the letters to shareholders contained in the Berkshire Hathaway report and accounts over the years.

Now Warren who has had a very interesting personal life can get a bit risqué for an American plus the fact he owns the company he can say what he likes. One year he talked about a financial decision comparing it with the 90 year old man whose wife says let’s go upstairs and make love. To which the man says I can do one of those but not both.

It’s a scenario I often quote nowadays.

7 Likes

Reminds me of Chrissie Hynde’s comment after going sober “You can either feel good in the morning or feel good in the evening. But you can’t have both”

6 Likes

New patio is now finished.

Now to start enjoying it.

DG…

14 Likes

Just in time for winter. :grin:

Great job though looks fantastic.

1 Like

You’re not a big fan of plants then!

6 Likes

We drove over to the Abbaye de Thoronet yesterday, which took about an hour along the back roads of Provence. A lovely place, a former Cistercian abbey built in the 12th century and partially restored. Very quiet and peaceful. This is the washing room, I forgot to note the Latin name.

11 Likes

They’re outside out the moment.

Putting them back in later this week.

DG…

4 Likes

It has been dawning upon me how exposed I am without a license, the nearest bus stop is two miles away, one farm shop .

Erratic and expensive taxis - plus two knees that need replacing and two cataracts.

I love living here, but the writing seems on the wall , I lost the chance of a new build maisonette on the ground floor with a small garden . A patio would have accommodated my herb garden and a garden room with have replaced the spare bedroom .

1 Like

Very scenic and atmospheric :grinning:

Lavatorium. Although this was often a more trough like arrangement.

Yup! It don’t get any easier.

I have been put under the care of a newly qualified doctor which is fine as we get a more upto date view of medical care and practise.

But do this,do that,shall we try this oh you’ve not tried those tablets. Perhaps the muscular skeletal clinic then we could have an mri scan.

Quite exhausting.:face_holding_back_tears:

Should of edged it with some plastic grass !

‘have’ :astonished:

I really worry about the penchant for slabbing over gardens, whether front or back. Without the ability to sink water into the ground, there is more surface runoff, which leads to overloaded sewers and more sewage discharges into rivers and the sea. In each case it’s only one garden but they all add up to a massive surface area that can no longer act as it’s supposed to. Having paving an a few plants in posts means there is much less to support local wildlife, with a consequent hit on biodiversity.

2 Likes

Always a risk when replying to these things, trying to eat a Greggs sausage roll and walking. I strugle to fo one thing correctly.

2 Likes

The urbanisation and subsequent concreting coupled with inadequate storage facilities and attenuation chamber is a big issue for certain people locally and 90% aren’t aware .

I won’t say more as it becomes political

1 Like

We took our new

Cubes on a spin from Bonnieux to Saignon
Lavender fields and Mont Ventoux in the background

7 Likes

I had exactly the same with our local Renault garage. I enquired at 5 years if the cam belt needed to be changed, was told not at 5 but 6 years and they offered to call back with a price which they did.

A local independent garage confirmed that the car has a timing chain and they have had our business ever since!

5 Likes

Provence - the land of the gods!

1 Like