Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Looks terrible. Poor you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Summoned the enthusiasm to take the majority of the decorations down today. Me and my wife are both recovering from Covid that attacked between Christmas and New Year so it was a slow task.

Rearranged New Year for a few weeks time. Hopefully Covid will stay away next time.

4 Likes

Been there with Covid and feel for you. Wishing you both a speedy and full recovery.

3 Likes

Camping tonight.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s the second bout. Definitely better now that we’re fully jabbed but still not great. And obvious concerns about spreading it to at risk friends and family.

2 Likes

Coffee, cigar, brandy, baileys and candy.

4 Likes

Intrigued, is that wet wood?

Standing, dead spruce and standing, dead pine (fatwood)

1 Like

On snowshoes into the forest. 70cm in the terrain

2 Likes

7mm of snow would cause chaos in the UK :laughing:

2 Likes

Late breakfast.

10 Likes

That 90 day rule must be such a pain.

Nice place and nice weather Graeme. Where is that?

It is. A pox on it is all I can and probably should say. In the meantime we will enjoy what we can have. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Salobreña. South coast of Spain.

3 Likes

Is your middle name Hal? Sorry couldn’t resist that one

3 Likes

Like all unwelcome guests , it takes far longer to depart than leave

1 Like

The man from the damp proofing survey firm

It looks as if the soaraway is blocked and the water is gurgling back up , may have some of the patio lifted and replaced with gravel , new deeper guttering recommended

Deep joy , but it has to be done

Something like this?

Willy.

Did you see the recent news that the French (of all people) are looking and have passed some sort of legislation to waive the 90 day rule for second homeowners from the UK and I guess other non-EU countries. I have a house in France and it seems unfair (as is life) that I pay “council” tax for the year but can’t visit my house and stay as long as I want.

Now, if the French are doing this you can bet Spain and Portugal will follow suit.

I drove down to Mijas not too far from you in November back via Vallencia and San Sebastian - an absolute joy to drive on the roads in Spain and France.

Looks 'orribly familiar . I don’t know what the tube is but I think that it looks as if the Ian Bank Account may be depleted , the reality is that as a single person, with a dodgy knee in a remote rural area with a house and garden that is too big for me my days in this house may be coming to an end . Shame I have lived here for fifty plus years. A shame as I love what this garden offers but not the upkeep

Some other advice given on condensation etc