Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

I bought an iPhone 16 Pro from Apple on their pre-release scheme and it was delivered here a week ago. But since then I decided that I wasn’t sufficiently impressed with reports and YouTube videos of the features and functionality of it to go through the unpredictable hassle of transferring the various 2FA functions of my current old iPhone to a new one, so today I took my new one back unopened to an Apple store for a refund.

1 Like

Yesterday I joked about the propensity of sheep to not learn from their mistakes. This wasn’t entirely in jest, but rather based on the experience of many decades of living in the countryside.
On today’s walk with Zhukov…

Willy.

13 Likes

Those plants on the wrong side of the fence are obviously just too tempting.

Time for some weeding!

1 Like

Enjoyed the last of summer/beginning of fall walking around the block.
Hope we can get a hold of this nice weather a bit longer…

Not really within the last 24 hours, but two days ago we stayed in a small village called Gueux in the champagne area of northern France. Little did I know but the long straight road heading into the village once formed a straight on the Reims-Gueux racetrack that used to host the French Grand Prix back in the 50’s and 60’s. Even more exciting is that you drive between the old stands and through the finish line to get to the village. Photos attached. Fully accessible and beautifully evocative.

17 Likes

And no grafitti anywhere… :blush:

2 Likes

Yes we noticed that too. You can imagine in the UK there would be a strong urge for people to deface the buildings and surfaces. Good news they don’t seem to do that in France :grinning:

5 Likes

They certainly do. It’s no better than the U.K.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing - looks amazing. Not so sure about graffiti in UK - I’d be more confident that someone would have come up with an arrangement to charge a pretty penny to anyone wishing to stop and indulge themselves in this piece of motor racing history!

Peter

2 Likes

It is a lot better than the UK. Much less graffiti generally.

1 Like

I guess it depends where you go, which applies to both places. You’ll find a lot more graffiti in the back streets of Lyon than you will in Chablis.

2 Likes

I have been given a stamp collection, but I’m not sure whether or not it’s worthless.

How did you find out?

I took it to a stamp dealer.

I received my latest electricity bill from E.ON. I assume it’s a system error, but they have applied “Reversed account charges” for the last 18 months and I am suddenly £1,791.56 in credit. They don’t have a telephone contact centre at the weekend, I have sent them a WhatsApp as they suggest. I haven’t paid that much in electricity charges in that time, so I assume it’s a system error. If not I’ll contact the Ombudsman as overcharging to that level is ridiculous.

Did you ask the dealer to dispose of it for you?

They said the stamps were worth nothing but they’d give me £30 for the album. So I took the cash and bought a nice bottle of posh Chianti.

2 Likes

Booked for Malta, flight early June, seat 1A going out, seat 1 F coming back , last time I flew with Air Malta it was a lovely fillet steak cooked red wine…

Business class, empty seat beside me, total cost £400 both ways , fully refundable in the event of dodgy knee issues

12 Likes

Gee that’s cheap for business class.

It’s incredibly cheap and I have used it a few times now, it is very good, I could not believe the quality of the food last time I flew with them ( and in a good way )

Best wishes

Ian

I couldn’t fly to Sydney to Melbourne in economy for that :frowning:

1 Like