Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

I shall be here most afternoons for the next two weeks. Not too busy today. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Looks nice

1 Like

Also had a lovely walk this morning.

4 Likes

What a bummer……

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Don’t over do it😎

Vaping is a relatively new phenomenon, and long-term risks are unclear but it’s perhaps useful to not cloud the air with unsubstantiated assertions (pun intended):

As a doctor said, however, when asked which was the lesser evil: " it’s not that vaping is good for you, but that cigarettes are so bad".

( I’m an ex-smoker, currently using vapes to get off tobacco).

I agree absolutely that the vaping industry is totally wrong in encouraging use by young people/children and promoting throwaway products. The use of disposable vapes and the prevalence of kiddie flavourings is just plain…wrong.

2 Likes

Went for a nice afternoon walk around the block basking in a warm fall sun.

Hope it’ll last a bit longer…

4 Likes

Lovely where are you?

1 Like

La Gomera.

1 Like

Very nice……i was staying in a hotel opposite the island recently……tempted.

1 Like

is that the hotel or a villa ?

It’s the club house to the pool/gym/social club for a residential complex of apartments and a few villas. It is very nice. The island needs rain though, not much last winter.

1 Like

Warning

Warning

Warning

Christmas alert, I made the Christmas puddings - 2x vegetarian puddings, I don’t know how this started but I made my first veggie one about ten years ago - and I always make the same comment when I deliver it to the veggie family who are near neighbours "It’s a vegetarian Christmas pudding, made from real life vegetarians "

4 Likes

That’s OK. As long as there’s no decorations up in your house yet you’re safe. :grin:

3 Likes

Renewed my Virgin Broadband, TV and phone, this evening.

Received a letter from Virgin the other day advising payment was going up from £47.53 to £68.53.

Logged into my account and viewed my current contract.

Scrolled down and clicked on ‘Your Renewal Offer’.

Offer was just a little more than I was previously paying and obviously more than a 5% saving.

RESULT.

No mention of a renewal offer in the letter, so a nice surprise.

In my defence, I never put it away after last Christmas…

Or, as you can probably tell from the dust, the one before that and before that and…

Willy

5 Likes

Well that’s different it’s the putting up early that’s the problem. I’m not a fan of Christmas decorations however Mrs Pete is I can’t wait to take them down. :grin:

1 Like

Ordered a new iPhone 16 Pro 512GB from John Lewis. Delivery tomorrow.
Ordered some Lego kits which should arrive later this week.

Both are fallout from my wife & daughter2’s forthcoming jaunt to the USA.

Hmmm…maybe I should encourage my wife to go off on a ”jolly” more often :grinning:

4 Likes

Hmm. I took one of those back to an Apple Store for full refund just over a week ago…

Why?