Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Apart from a set of fine wines.

3 Likes

That’s great if you happen to have your views, not so much if you subscribe to a different position.
Also veers towards a political stance…

Not boring for the driver behind you. If your car CC is constantly breaking it will be driving them mad. I know from experience this the case. :rage:

Cruise control is not suitable for driving through a village or town, adaptive or not.

It’s OK when CRUISING down a motorway or dual carriageway if light traffic.

1 Like

Generally I’d agree they should be only used on highways. However the new systems to have the ability to crawl through heavy traffic in cities. I haven’t used ours that way and not sure if I would but I know people that do and they love it.

1 Like

Hi Rod, I was once asked for afternoon tea at Clarence House with POW , it was a charity event.

I would have loved to put in “Afternoon Tea With Prince Charles” in my electronic diary for my employers

I would certainly go with dinner with the King , it certainly beats "having my ingrowing toenail fixed " on "Things I’ve done in the last twenty four hours "

My apologies to those with ingrowing toenail issues - it is a bugger

1 Like

Maybe it’s down to the implementation in different cars varying to some extent?

Not sure a lot of the manufacturers use the same 3rd party supplier.

I can understand some people not being comfortable with adaptive CC, my father in law still complains about not having an option for manually operated windows.

1 Like

On Saturday evening I started having severe pain in the left thigh which extended to the hip joint. On Tuesday (same day as call to surgery) I saw the doctor who suggested it is greater trochanteric pain syndrome. Probable injured the bursa. Didn’t fancy ibuprofen even if offered omeprazole, so using volltarol. Not much improvement yet. See him again if not better after two weeks. Walking brings on the pain after 30 seconds. Got some sleep last night but need different position.

Phil

Sorry to hear that Phil, i normally take Naproxen which kills pain for a lot longer than paracetamol etc. Though there are restrictions to who can use.

1 Like

Hope things improve soon, had music-skeletal problems for most of the year

It’s a bu**er, this getting old malarkey

1 Like

I feel for you with all your woes.

It may have been caused by a habit of crossing my knees sitting down. I was also sitting on a church pew for several hours at a wonderful concert on Saturday.

Phil

2 Likes

Thinking about a church concert a week on Saturday .

I had a complete ultrasound of the abdomen yesterday, prescribed by the oncologist. It’s negative for what it’s worth - prostate cancer cells can be only detected by other means. But it’s negative, so all ok so far… :slight_smile: (I’m not pregnant either)

14 Likes

Hi Gazza, after a bit of lateral thinking I tried walking bending over and discovered I don’t get the pain😎! Apart from looking like the hunch back of Notre Dame and having to look where I am going it is pain free. It goes to show that the problem is in the hip because all the position does us to alter the angle of the joint in the hip just like sitting.

Phil

2 Likes

I think i have a hip problem too……but it comes and goes. I take the tablets mentioned(bought at a supermarket in the U.S)……otherwise i find my walk changes and somewhere else takes a hit and starts playing up. Hard seats would trigger me….Jet2 to Corfu, i could not get comfortable even paying for extra legroom.

It may be a form of Bursitis (the fluid sack in the joint). I certainly wouldn’t take oral NSAIDs because of the side effects. You should get it diagnosed and possibly muscle/ tendon strengthening round the joint might be recommended.

Phil

This morning we were linking a smart heater to our Echo device when it asked us a bizarre question, ‘Do we want to hear a fart?" Out of interest, we said yes and it played us a number of different farts.

After it had finished and we’d stopped laughing, I asked in to play Jazz24, to which it replied, “Do you mean Jazz Farts?”, then proceeded to play a Jazzy tune with a variety of farts as percussion.

I then corrected it again and told it to play Jazz24, which it did and all was normal again.

I now think that I need to get out more.

DG…

8 Likes

I had bursitis on my elbow a while ago. The docs gave me some cream to rub on and it disappeared. I was really pleased because another doc had told me I was forever doomed to have a droopy elbow.

1 Like

I’m using voltarol. The hunch position for walking stops the pain, but there is no way to avoid moving. Perhaps you stopped Pétanque for a while!

Phil

1 Like

When I had a landline that was my answering machine for cold calls since changing to Siri no farts at all must be constipated?