Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Beach
Had a walk around the front in Swanage today. The sun was quite warm and the breeze refreshing.

1 Like

It’s all off limits on the low FODMAP diet.

You talked about progressive introduction of off limit foods to discover which might be ok.

Ah yes, I see. One thing I can eat is garlic infused oil. Cook garlic in a load of olive oil until it goes brown, let it cool and strain. I made Provençal mashed potatoes tonight and instead of adding garlic at the end I used my garlic oil and it was just as good. I can eat picked onions, but not fresh onions. FODMAP is a very strange thing. There is all sorts of crap guidance online, so I’m using the ‘official’ guide that’s only available through the NHS. At least it gives a common benchmark.

A trait we share!

My 48 hours would be spent drinking that noxious concoction and going to the bathroom every 10 minutes to s**t my brains out, even when it doesn’t seem possible there could be anything left. The motivating force being if you don’t do it right, you’ll have to do it again.

Then the next day going to the outpatient gastro clinic, being knocked out with propofol (aka “milk of amnesia”):

The last time I had one, the clinic sound system was playing Michael Jackson in the prep area. I summoned the nurse and said it was bad form to play that music when preparing to give someone propofol.

She laughed and slapped me on the arm…