Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Not great news there Ian, danglies indeed. I hope you can get it resolved as best you can.

1 Like

Thanks Mike,

Not good , but endeavouring to persevere

Ian

2 Likes

That’s a bitch Ian.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Ian. Hope they get on to it soon and you can get back out on those hills.

1 Like

Gee, get those knees fixed however make sure they know what they’re doing. Knees definitely affect your hip.

Don’t do both knees at once, take care.

1 Like

We once had a big fancy Sage machine that took up half the kitchen, but it became a bit of a pain so we sold it. We usually drink coffee made in a French press, or Cafetière as us old folks call it. When we fancy an espresso, which isn’t that often, it’s time for the Bialetti. It doesn’t have the crema of a high pressure machine but it’s very tasty nevertheless.

8 Likes

Buggered up my right eardrum whilst using headphones at too high a volume whilst playing my drums. Let’s hope it’s not permanent, but it’s been two days now… :frowning:

Fingers crossed Mike.

I went through a period of collecting these stove top machines - I guess I have about 10 or so. I love their simplicity and honesty. I’ll post a pic at some point.

Full disclosure though, I rarely use them and have a Miele bean to cup machine that does most of the leg work.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of those the only contortions on my face is laughing at them. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Been out with better half exploring more of the back lanes in the Salobreña/Motril delta. Also encouraged a pair of mating amphibians to get off the road lest they get squished. Then the obligatory recovery ale and tapas.

8 Likes

I was outside cutting the grass (moss) at the front of the house when one of the neighbour’s lads walked by. I asked him what interesting things he’d learnt at school today. After thinking for a moment he said “Blues music”.
I said ”That’s exciting, so did you learn about the indeterminate third and flat fifth or sharp eleventh?” “No”, he said, “just about the musicians”.
“Ah OK”, I said, “who’s your favourite blues artist that you’ve discovered so far?”
He replied “Bob Marley”.

The curriculum must have changed a bit since I studied music!

6 Likes

Kids nowadays eh. Different when I was at school.

IMG_6281

2 Likes

It has Diminished. :wink:

Locked my missus out by leaving the keys in the door lock. Of course I can hear nothing even if she is battering on the door.

She wasn’t best pleased. :japanese_goblin:

Trying to find a doorbell with a remote receiver that flashes is easier said than done. Most plug-in which in our home is of no use for ‘seeing’. I’ve think I’ve found one on fleabay so I’ve asked if I can have more than one receiver.

Busy day today. Walked to my Pilates class this morning, had lunch, my obligatory afternoon nap and then a walk from the house, calling in at the pub on the way back. Over 18,000 steps and now I’m a bit tired, so it’s good that it’s Mrs HH’s turn to cook dinner. She’s done 18,000 steps too, but she’s only 59 so she has more energy!

2 Likes

Lifted the bells one-by-one in the next village’s church tower to refurbish and regrease the bearings. Not been done since 1956 according to the records.
The bells certainly ring a lot better now. I’m shattered!

3 Likes

I’ll bet the bells go like the clappers now :wink:

2 Likes

Just before lockdown dearly beloved was referred to LA disability support by a hospital occupational therapist, due to hearing loss and limited mobility, for vibrating/visual doorbell, phone, smoke alarm repeaters. Of course it needed a home assessment and lockdown put paid go that. Now, there is apparently limited funding and they referred us to RNID Conavans. I admit I cannot see exactly those items quickly on their website, but it might be worth asking?

1 Like

Appreciated, I shall take a look :+1: