Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

I used to work virtually opposite that hall 30 years ago. Nice hall in disrepair in a very rough area. It stands out as if it shouldn’t be there.

1 Like

Fancied a cycle so I just headed off down to the “English Garden” and followed the Isar past the sunbathers and the zoo, through the woods and wetlands and along the canal towpath and side roads as far as Wolfratshausen. Took the train back and as a reward for the 44 km trail met my wife after her work for a beer on the Viktualienmarkt and soaked up the sunshine. Retirement has its benefits alright.

7 Likes

Walking around the garden this morning I spotted this miscreant hanging off a bird feeder. It would seem not to be as squirrel proof as the packaging suggested…

12 Likes

At least it’s a red!

6 Likes

Our squirrel visitors do the same, but I’m with @Tonedeaf here. It’s a red! Location?

On the Isle of Wight. I think one of the few places in the U.K. with no greys.

4 Likes

I believe that is indeed the case. There are a few pockets oop norf.

Lovely to see!

1 Like

They live on Brownsea Island too.

1 Like

Well the weather helps. Here in the west of the Uk it was 15c with a strong wind. Still waiting for Spring!

Phil

2 Likes

Not having to get up at half past six is the only one I can think of. Can’t think of anything else.

1 Like

Er Nigel, where did you go.?

It was a pointless post, so I deleted it.

1 Like

Anglesey too.

A grey was recently exterminated there, apparently they can swim as well as hitch lifts and cross bridges.

(Plas Newydd = new palace/mansion house etc)

» Grey Squirrel Control.

3 Likes

They did introduce the red squirrel to Mersea island just south of Colchester, but have never seen one there.

3 Likes

The long commute … I do not miss it

Not for a micro second

Ian

3 Likes

& no rain…

The squirrels in my garden all need wetsuits at the moment.

2 Likes

Heading for the hills today…

10 Likes

Location?

Lee on Solent.

Wot? You mean those mountains are actually the IoW??? :laughing: