Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Walked the dog
Cleaned the windows
Played football (scored 2 goals!)
Had a coaching / mentoring session with a client
Listened to music (Baby Rose / Mark Knopfler)
Made dinners for my wife and son
Watching Coventry / Ipswich match…

3 Likes

I play pétanque on Tuesday mornings with our u3a group. I absolutely love it. In fact it’s my favourite thing of the week. We’ve soldiered on though the winter and today was the first day it’s been genuinely sunny and quite warm. The lady on the right had her 90th birthday a couple of months ago and she is bloody brilliant at the game.

8 Likes

Great to see a bit of sun and a group of people enjoying it.

Simple things in life can bring so much enjoyment.

1 Like

Where do you play?

It’s at Seacourt Tennis Club on Hayling Island.

1 Like

Nice

Gardened
Had aching back, legs and realised that time is not a friend
Tea was a some nice roast beef with too much red wine
watched Coventry V Ipswich rather than Champions League semi final

6 Likes

5 miles south of Wolfratshausen

Looking south towards the mountains of Austria? Not an area I know anything of, but looks lovely

The scenery at the foot of the Bavarian alps is beautiful with the 5-lake region, flat moorland and then more lakes and the stunning alpine backdrop. The bike tour took me from Wolfratshausen, home of the late great Franz Beckenbauer, 42 km upriver to Kochel am See.
Today is a holiday here so Mrs William will be joining me on a shortish tour along the Isar river from Bad Tölz to Lenggries, a little skiing village at the foot of the Brauneck. Normally we would transport the bikes by train but we’ll use the (electric) car today to dodge the fairweather holiday crowds.

2 Likes

15 hours of the last 4 days power washing winter off the decks and driveway ahead of water restrictions May 1st. The joys of living in a rainforest with almost no precipitation in the Summer.

5 Likes

I always worry that living in the woods would encourage intruders. Maybe that part of Canada is too civilized for such nonsense,

So far so good. Only break in attempt so far by a black bear!

2 Likes

Gave a thought for the many workers who might suffer oppressive and poorly paid conditions.

Regardless of Mrs T and her retitled day off. I still keep to the ways of my Father.

1 Like

Yes, heaven forfend that we might celebrate Labour Day.

1 Like

Insert “Teddy Bears” joke here that only the Glasgow boys will understand ; )

1 Like

On Monday, Tuesday and today, Mrs. JimDog and I stayed in Ambleside to celebrate my 60th birthday (which is tomorrow).

We went rock climbing, did a circular walk near Red Screes, and walked over Lough Rigg and back to Ambleside.

It was wonderful.

Unfortunately, all that marching about aggravated an old injury I had, and so my leg seized up a bit this evening.

Currently in the bath giving it a jolly good soak. :grinning:

5 Likes

Well done on the walk though. Wonderful area to take a walking holiday.

I live an hour south of there so we have been there scores of times.

I first went to the Lakes and Snowdonia in the 1960s with my parents and I’ve been going regularly ever since.

1 Like

Happy birthday (it’s already tomorrow here :grin:).

2 Likes