Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

He’s obviously never been a victim and like many these days seems to lack empathy which is the major problem we face in this increasingly divided world, but that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Zhukov was quite a general. Good one to name a dog after!

2 Likes

I understand. I have no way of knowing if he’s been a victim or not; I have been in my very early years, and still find him regenerating. Our opinions, of course.
Best.

3 Likes

Well, since the cat was called Ike, it seemed the fair thing to do.

Willy.

2 Likes

We had a cat we called Bernard :slight_smile: passed away this year but no regrets for the name.

Friend (ex Guards) who sometimes joins us on walks has a cat named Winston.

Not forgetting that, in a slight twist on the theme, our geese are Yamato and Musashi.

Willy.

2 Likes

I think your naming may be a bit more sophisticated than ours! Latest kittens are Beans and Toast. Named by the farming daughter - she is very good at naming (one of her calves is called Janet, which is an excellent name for a cow. One of the hens was Steve) though I was unduly pleased at calling our first cows Erm and Trude

5 Likes

Sounds like great fun :grinning:

Don’t spend it all at once – yesterday’s Lotto draw has generated £5 + Free Lucky Dip, a fair return for a £6 stake. Of great surprise though was that I asked for 2 x Lucky Dips and one of those had 3 numbers the same as against my standing single line.

“Sheep, the only animal known to have a flock meeting each morning to decide who is going to die for no apparent reason”.

Said one of our Vets

3 Likes

Our Welsh sheep farmer neighbours would definitely concur

1 Like

A very simple thing but after 4 months of poor health I have resumed walking each day about a week ago. Yesterday I went out during a break in the clouds and decided to go for it. Having done 4 miles flat out at around 4.3 mph and without breaking sweat I think I can safely say I’ve sustained no lung damage from the pneumonia. Just the pulmonary embolisms to be discussed in January now.

12 Likes

Great news Mike.

2 Likes

That’s really good , not quite a run but a very brisk walk

best wishes for a healthier 2024

(and a good cup run for Wrexham)

1 Like

I’ll cheat slightly, what I’ve done for the last 365 * 24 hours is not be in hospital. 5.30pm last New Year’s Eve I was discharged from hospital after the third of three stays totalling 67 days from mid-August, and now a full year without being in hospital.

21 Likes

& long may this continue.

Happy New Year to you.

2 Likes

Thanks Cf.

Happy New Year northerners.

13 Likes

Happy New Year @Pete_the_painter.

2 Likes

I’m already paying for ours this morning. :face_in_clouds:

3 Likes