Things that make you feel old

I’ve started to admire hanging basket displays in pub gardens and I’m actually contemplating a SAGA cruise. Shoot me now…

5 Likes

You’ll need to come closer. My eyesight, and aim, aren’t what they used to be.

Willy.

6 Likes

Getting a mile down the lane in the car to do the weekly shop, noticing a worrying absence in the hip pocket area and realising that my wallet is back in the house. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

…when shop assistants start calling you “dear” instead of “sir” and “madam” and people give up their seat for you on the train…

2 Likes

Especially when you are glad to accept it gratefully…

4 Likes

Visiting the UK after decades away and exclaiming in the newsagent, “Crikey I remember when a pack of Polos was 10p!”

Telling people you liked “Only Fools and Horses” and “Father Ted” growing up, only for some smart ass to reply, “My grandad used to love those too. He was a old racist git by the way.”

1 Like

10p? Surely you mean 3d.

4 Likes

Do they still make those fruit flavoured ones?

1 Like

I’m not that old but missing 25 years of intervening British culture and then being dropped back in makes you feel like a dinosaur.

Though I do remember 5p being called a shilling by people in the villiage .

That reminds me of another thing that makes me feel old.
I can remember when “thruppenny bits” ONLY referred to coinage.

2 Likes

I think British culture has changed radically in the last 5-10 years let alone the last 25.

Blddy youngsters. :slight_smile:

To emigrate to another country is, to some degree, to be frozen in time.

1 Like

Or the Isle Wight.

1 Like

Such comments do well with my wife. She understands the implied message that it means that we stay together until dead us separates.

Romantic, innit?!

1 Like

Bermuda shorts, black socks and dress shoes.

2 Likes

Stannah have now developed a stairlift so fast that you get upstairs before you forget what you went up. for.

18 Likes

Hmmm…hearing the news today, I’m reminded that none of us have that long to go, relatively speaking. Sure as hell I won’t make 96, nor particularly want to…which curiously puts me at ease with whatever age I find myself to be.

3 Likes

That happens to me now and I don’t even need a stairlift!

2 Likes

At certain times of year that is proper work attire in Hamilton. Even for the young!