Things that make you feel old

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spotting a 10 pence piece on the pavement.

But not bothering to bend over and pick it up.

2 Likes

Hello,

thanks for your post. It covers a very delicate matter. Exploiting the full duration of our body and mind is perhaps a reasonable choice, even if we are never guaranteed that any situation is going to get better.
The best option perhaps - this is my view, at least - is to keep a balanced perspective between a feeling that living is a duty and one that we’re always free to decide for ourselves. After all, for what we know once we’re gone it’s all over forever; life on Earth may well be a very rare and irreplaceable condition - better enjoy it.

My kindest regards
H

2 Likes

I think I am the oldest resident here by several years.

Luckily the brain still works and physically,although bits keep going wrong,I can still look after myself,shop,drive and go for short walks.

But my life is ruled by what energy is available on any day. It is very variable. Sometimes vigour is available only to be replaced an hour later by a snooze. You can only work with what you have. Lassitude will not be overcome by good hearted preaching any more than a miracle will give me a new leg.

11 Likes

Try going for the man bun, riding a scooter while texting and calling him ‘bruh’. That should do it.

3 Likes

I like your ideas, wait until he sees the Dr Martens …

1 Like

Watching Britney Spears’ “Baby one more time” video because there’s a Land Rover NAS 90 soft top in it, pointing that out to the kids, explaining to them what that was and grumbling that it was only in the background.

2 Likes

Having to read instructions at all, but having tried five times still getting it wrong at a critical juncture

2 Likes

Ummm, I’m not that old yet!

When you realise that you can never ever again trust a fart.

4 Likes

When the friends you love sound older than you feel. An odd sensation that makes you love them more…

Back from the pub, where this happened. My physical age has nothing to do with how old I feel.

3 Likes

Green Shield Stamps.

1 Like

I still remember the taste…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

When you say that to really ‘get’ the references in “Without a Paddle” (2004) you need to have seen “Deliverance” and people ask ‘what’s Without a Paddle?’

Designing a new bathroom and specifying a railing on the wall next to the toilet to help you get up because, “we might need that in the future.”

4 Likes

We’re going through the same thing, making sure the bathroom has a ledge in the shower. Also including a lift so as we age we won’t have to use the stairs.

3 Likes

Eighteen year old girls make me feel exceptionally old, these days. Over the last few years, I have noticed that they simply don’t ‘see’ me at all.

A doctor friend of mine posed the question: how old do you have to be before you no longer “fall over”, but start “having falls”?

3 Likes

Using the handle somebody has put outside their front door, to help them get in or out the house :house:.

The thing about grab handles in the bathroom is sensible at any age, I first installed them for Mum , but when I had massive surgery in my forties , they made me feel a lot safer.

1 Like

I wonder whether handles are a good thing anyway. I have a suspicion they are better for your core muscles and safer.