Things that make you feel old

Venting about a moderately expensive prosumer printer which died today.

I was trying to remember where I bought it, but seeing as I was buying inks for it at Amazon in 2010 I suppose it’s had a fair innings, but where the hell has 12 years or more gone???

The Canon benefit of user replaceable printheads is all well and good except that they’ve discontinued them for this model. Now trying to figure out how to shift a load of unused original Canon ink.

Good morning, how are you today?

Best wishes

Good morning Eoin, how are you today ?

On Wednesday I too can have a bacon sandwich :sandwich:

I will take life very quietly , as I feel fatigued

Best wishes

And good morning back at you, sir! I’m feeling well this morning.

I went down to the kitchen area just now and made myself a lovely refreshing cup of tea (although I had to make do with soya milk). The staff don’t really like me making it for myself, but I refuse to sit meekly in my room - my comment about the place being like a kindergarten is very real.

Radio 3 is playing Debussy’s ‘sunken cathedral’, which I love (although not played by Michelangeli, which would be even better).

4 Likes

Because if you scald yourself , it will be their fault.

Hopefully you will be out asap , best wishes and enjoy the radio :radio:.

I have a whole day of football :soccer:. Yesterday the TV had Spanish, Italian, German and the Premier
League , at one stage it looked as if BT were providing the analysis for a Sky match.

The quarantine period ends on Tuesday and have ticket :tickets: out on Wednesday .

2 Likes

Hi Ian, I’m good thanks, had a tired day yesterday, and still managed a slight improvement ( went up and down the stairs inside the house when nobody else was in the house, big confidence thing). It’ll be so nice for you to get home to Mrs H., enjoy the bacon buttie on Wednesday, and, as you well know, take the rest you need.

2 Likes

Thank you, Mrs H comes home today. Not my choice, but the cattery was closing, and the other cattery I use was full.

I used to describe the days of sudden tiredness , as God pulling the plug :electric_plug:.

My hope is that Mrs H will follow a well worn pattern of avoiding company other than me.

All the best . Ian

1 Like

I went for my flu and COVID booster jabs yesterday. Looking round the surgery at the other victims I thought ye Gods, this place is full of geriatrics.

3 Likes

Should rename this thread The Waiting Room. :ghost:

4 Likes
3 Likes

“First listen” videos on YT of bands from the 1970’s by people who weren’t alive in the 1970’s.

Mrs H will be absolutely delighted to see you when you finally make it home. Savour that coming moment!

2 Likes

Presumably you have someone picking up Mrs H?

Is the cattery closing for good or just temporarily?

1 Like

Closing for holidays, they offered to find her a place at another cattery, but my cleaning lady AKA The Weekly Miracle said sh would pick her up .

1 Like

Trying to finance things.

‘You have an excellent credit rating sir, but…’.

1 Like

Getting out of bed the other day, Mrs DG, who’s much younger than me, commented on the noises and grunting I was making, due to the aches and pains.

“Don’t worry”, I said, “ that’s one leg out”.

DG…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.