Things that make you feel old

And better than the alternative!

1 Like

Just generally nodding

1 Like

Kids and knees.

3 Likes

Very little really. Realising I have retired. And talking to anyone about the stages of my 50 year working career.

3 Likes

One of my naim brochure designs appearing in the thread titled Vintage Naim & Linn Sales Brochures!

6 Likes

My left knee
Getting my old age pension
My left knee
Worrying about a friend and family and wondering about their mental processes
My left knee
Watching politicians repeat the same mistakes
Going to Joan Baezā€™s farewell concert In London
A nap in the afternoon is an afternoon delight
My left knee
A job in the garden takes twice as long
Realising my next safari will probably be my last
Realising I will never see a caracal in the wild

6 Likes

Mines the right knee had an op a few months ago and itā€™s still not cooperating.

2 Likes

Going to the doctor and being summoned by someone you assumed was doing work experience only to discover itā€™s the doctor.

6 Likes

As folk have already pointed out, still listening to albums from my musically formative years that are now 50+ years old

Remembering activities from those times very clearly but often struggle to remember what I did last month

Driving past what used to be the locations (with amazing memories) from the old touring circuit to find that these are invariably transformed to an Asda or housing estate

Seeing acts from my earlier years at The Stables close to me and noticing the vibrant young things as they were have ā€˜aged a bitā€™ :slightly_smiling_face:

Watching the latest Top Gun film, realising that the original was 36 years ago!!! And finding that Tom Cruise & myself appear to have aged differently :joy:

Seeing the local Tech college I attended now recognised as a University

Going to the doctors and not expecting the findings to be ā€™nothing to worry aboutā€™ - these things never crossed my mind before

All of this is light-hearted, I do understand that everything has its time but I could do without some of the physical ā€˜remindersā€™ :grinning:

7 Likes

Yes, or going to the pharmacy for advice and speaking to said pharmacist who looks about 13 or 14. :blush:

4 Likes

When an ā€œall-nighterā€ becomes about sleeping through without needing to get up to pee.

16 Likes

I thought my sonā€™s form teacher was one of the sixth formers!

2 Likes

Having been living in environment where everyone are treated first-name basis I have now a couple of times been addressed as sir (reserved usually for old persons only).

Whatā€™s next? Perhaps I will be offered a seat in public transportationā€¦

Itā€™s happened to meā€¦

Nightwish at Birmingham. Standing tickets only. Iā€™ll need earplugs probably. Thinking about this one.

When I am addressed as ā€œsirā€, I assume I am (a) about to be bullshitted (b) attempted to be sold something, (c) a combination of (a) and (b).

4 Likes

Or maybe arrested?

After a lifetime of attending live music concerts, with proper ā€œhold in yer handā€ paper tickets, struggled a bit this morning to transfer two Smartphone tickets for Leeds First Direct Arena, bought as a prezzie for missus and daughter.

Technology, donā€™t ya just love it? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Time is a thief. Looking at the present day photos of some of stars of the 1970s and realising that time hasnā€™t been kind to the likes of Neil Young and a few others of that time.

1 Like

Looking at pics of Mick and the boys at Anfield Iā€™m feeling quite young. Amazing for 78 mind.

G

1 Like