Things that make you feel old

Good move!! I trust you are continuing to work in order to maintain her in the manner to which she would like to become accustomed?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Something like that…

1 Like

I often wonder if there are Twitter/Facebook parallel universes for younger Naim users, or at least their lifestyle products. Quite sobering really.

2 Likes

When Bon Jovi members start dying.

2 Likes

Yes, and why do all the buggers seem to appear almost overnight.

Lipomas are another annoyance, along with other skin/nail/hair changes that make me feel like an old nonagenerian.

Used to carry the shopping for miles from Sainsbury’s in the Guildhall Centre. Now I’d bleat about carrying it to the car!

2 Likes

I’m seriously considering going ‘early’ too, have been scuppered this/last year by crazy pension taxation rules thanks to a previous chancellor which for many of us make early retirement a better option.

1 Like

Fabrics? :wink:

1 Like

I remember having the metal tapes… one recording only otherwise you’d be able to hear the old song over the top!
It was about the same time as the skeleton scotch VHS advert :joy:

2 Likes

Ok, this is a fast-paced thread😃

2 Likes

When you’ve got tickets for Yes in Brum at the end of this month (delayed two years) and wonder who will be left!

Similarly Nightwish in December - also delayed two years!

4 Likes

How so? Floor invigorates me like little else :wink:

Not at my age…… :laughing:

1 Like

“Down, Shep!”

(If you remember that one.)

2 Likes

This from a mere whippersnapper in the grauniad rings far too many bells. Hate to say it but I do find myself groaning whenever I get up out of a chair!

3 Likes

A lot of that resonates :+1:

Probably from a different thread about Nightwish :joy:

You could always go for (I assume) a parody of a Eurovision entry from a few years ago:

Eurovision:

Rammstein:

2 Likes

More things that make me feel old…

Nodding off in the afternoon
Nodding off in the cinema
Nodding off on the plane/train
Nodding off watching TV
Nodding off while replying to this thread

12 Likes

Nothing makes you feel as old as 82 birthdays.

Buck up. You’ve all got quite journey yet.

6 Likes