Things you shouldn't say to an audiophile

Do the speakers light up?.

4 Likes

When did you last go to the theatre?

why do you have a big pile of old x-box’s…someone asked that once

1 Like

Slightly off-topic but my own experience is that almost all of our friends and relatives are entirely uninterested in my hifi equipment and never look at or mention it.

12 Likes

Why so many boxes just to play a record?

3 Likes

Have you had a recent hearing test ?

2 Likes

While you were making that lovely cup of tea little Johnny had a great time prodding those shiny silver dome shaped things on those cabinets, I suppose they’ll pop out again when you play some more music?

10 Likes

If I connect my smartphone on your system, will it load ?

1 Like

My system is in my phone and it’s got more bass than that.

4 Likes

You really need all this to listen to music ??? We’re much smaller now !

1 Like

When you die, your grieving spouse will sell all those fancy boxes, for the price you told her you had paid for them…

7 Likes

I think anyone who considers themselves an audiophile is incredibly dull and would far rather drone on about hifi than listen to music. What do you think?

4 Likes

Expensive cables make no difference.

2 Likes

Viewing massed black boxes feeding a pair of floorstanders: “Wow, I didn’t realise anyone actually used those antiques. It doesn’t sound too bad actually, does it - nearly as good as Sonos. I suppose the duplicates are backups for when they die?”

3 Likes

“Alexa, play Number One…” Pause. “Oh! You must be really pissed that it doesn’t work with Alexa! Modern stuff is so much better than this bulky old stuff, isn’t it?”

5 Likes

When I bricked your window I didn’t think he said you were an audiophile.
Oops bit dark eh. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

My wife mentioned our system at her work a couple of years ago. The response was:

" Hi Fi, What’s a Hi Fi"

6 Likes

Why isn’t there any flashing lights

4 Likes

Alan Parsons said “Audiophiles don’t use their equipment to listen to music. Audiophiles use your music to listen to their equipment"

13 Likes

And he’s probably right. :grin:

5 Likes