Things you shouldn't say to an audiophile

“I’d need to play that back at my place to hear what it can really do”

6 Likes

And, how is this better than my Amstrad?

DG…

5 Likes

That takes me back, real blackboards.

Willy.

1 Like

Do you have a spare needle for when that one wears out?

4 Likes

No, this thread’s about things normal people might say to an audiophile. That’s something smug audiophiles say to other audiophiles on forums to try to dismiss a question.

6 Likes

That’s what my brother says to me he has a crossley next door. :wink: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Oh man, you should try this same album on my setup; it has Atmos surround with speakers in the roof… ‘sounds come from everywhere’!

edit: that is a composite of modern and old- mostly back in the nineties to early 2000s as people upgraded to surround sound- they thought that ‘two channel’ was less… Now Atmos is the modern equivalent of ‘why would you limit yourself’.

4 Likes

Gee you paid that much!

4 Likes

“honestly honey, I cannot tell the difference, it sounds the same as Dad’s old car stereo.”

Aye :slight_smile: hahahaa … honestly I cannot tell the difference … are they really worth 10k?

1 Like

Do HI FI shops have really big windows because they saw you coming ?

4 Likes

I got my HiFi at Currys

5 Likes

You don’t need that fancy cable, bell wire does just as well

3 Likes

“Aha…all the gear…no idea”

3 Likes

In France insert ‘house’ here.

2 Likes

I clean my needle with my finger.

3 Likes

“No Loudness button?”

5 Likes

Many years ago, in Bristol, I was in a Tandy shop (don’t worry, soon learned that it wasn’t worth going in there) and they were playing some sort of music system. It sounded awful. Went to see what it was (I can’t remember what it was) and noticed that the treble was all the way down, and the bass all the way up. Put them both in their central positions, and it sounded way better (of course). Not great, but OK. The customer service guy (salesman) came up immediately and returned them to their previous position - he obviously thought that sounded better. Ah well.

6 Likes

I asked a mate who was always buying CDs like they were going out of fashion back in the day, if he wanted to try out some old Audioquest speaker cable in his Hi Fi.

My question was are your terminals Banana plugs or spades.

He came into work the next day and said the speaker wires just disappear through a hole into the speakers.

9 Likes

What brand WiFi cable do you us?

2 Likes