This could only happen to me... Super Lumina upgrade path

Paul22, thank you for your thoughts.

I looked at your set-up on the System Pics 2024 thread. What is going on between your modem and your source (NDX 2/PS555 DR)? What ethernet cables do you use? Do you use a switch?

Thank you again!

Cheers!

Only wifi for now .

1 Like

This will be my final update. My journey is overā€¦

My set-up settled down, and I thought I should try a Power-Line full loom again. It sounded fine, so I began the arduous task of repositioning my speakers. After a day or two of trauma, I found the perfect spot! (And I enjoyed being alive again - LOL.)

Music grabs your attention and is beguiling, but without being overly assertive or aggressive.

It is beyond my dreams.

I am a ā€œmusic firstā€ audiophile, so I appreciate Naimā€™s upgrade path. It has allowed me to upgrade, set up and forget. I now have a relatively simple five box set-up with a manageable amount of interconnects and cables. The Super Lumina interconnects and cables were the final pieces of the puzzle.

My journey is overā€¦ until I hear the New Classic series - LOL.

Thank you for letting me share my Super Lumina story.

8 Likes

As youā€™re a low level listener, the 300DR will bring much more gain than you expect, it is absolutely superb with low level signals, much more so than the 250DR: low level is a very unexpected strength of the 300DR.

5 Likes

Agree. It starts to sing much earlier than 250DR.

4 Likes

Very much agreed excellent low level listening.

1 Like

Hereā€™s another endorsement of a 300 for low level listening

3 Likes

Damn!

The third Power-Line mains cable (between my NDX 2/XPS DR and a wall socket) is back in the box. I prefer Naimā€™s stock cable.

With the Power-Line on the source I could not make the speakers ā€œdisappear.ā€

I am still loving the Super Lumina full loom!

Thanks everyone!

Another update:

I rebuilt my system, and I eliminated all the cable clutter.

Also, my modem and my switch (as well as my server) now sit on audio racks.

I have three Naim boxes that require power (XPS DR, SuperCap DR, NAP250 DR). They are plugged directly into wall sockets using Power-Line mains cables.

I have three other boxes that require power (modem, switch, server). They are plugged into an Audioquest Niagara 5000 power conditioner.

The presentation is tonally balanced with a large three dimensional soundstage.

I am fully enjoying the Super Lumina full loom with the Hi-Line full loom. There is zero fatigue.

As they say, there are many ways to climb a mountain.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes