This is a BLACK Day - Right Channel dead - Beloved Olives

OK - I will do so… My deepest apologies and thanks to your and especially Neils help !!! Sorry - that I am overdoing a bit - when it comes got my naim gear I am really sensitive…

1 Like

Got my first 52 (the one with the dead channel) back.
Had a bad capacitor… it was fixed perfectly:

• capacitor replaced
  • full service / re-capping done :o)
  • perfectly cleaned from outside and inside (!) —> all lights brighter now.
  • loose screws fixed
  • extended test run plus a few days burn in

… it is warming up - very quickly these days :).
At the beginning a bit harsh - getting better every day. After some days I recognize as it gets better every day.
Compared to the unserviced status … hard to say. My ears are off the main system for some weeks and adapted to wonderful muso 2.
But I think there is more instrument separation - more air - transparency… nice :slight_smile:
And yeah - so much better than muso 2. but! Compared to size and prize Tag the muso 2 is a miracle machine … !

The second 52 with bad motor pot and pots8 is still in service - all Fine,
. I have good hope, that Neil’s help will be the breakthrough. at these temperatures working with a soldering iron must be like hell.

When both are here and back again, it could be a real challenge to compare … both recapped … both pots8, 1995 already with the newer board Lay-out…

Not sure if I really should compare :o)
Why not take one as a spare :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Earlier this year I bought a freshly serviced 52/Supercap combo from TomTom Audio. James there suggested that it would take about 2 months for the sound to properly bed-in (or ‘open out’), and he was absolutely right. Give it some time and it’ll improve.
After all, don’t we all need time to recuperate after drastic surgery?

1 Like

Yes - it was some kind of surgery.
But with supercap been serviced I think it might be a bit longer.
I give her time to stand up :slight_smile:

In my experience a freshly serviced 52 sounds fantastic after a week then every now and again over the next few weeks you’ll be listening to something you know well and think WOW!

1 Like

@NeilS does Naim have a lot of stock of the output relays, I understand these are NOS and cannot now be bought by the “average person on the street”, but it seems to be a part that gets replaced during servicing, hence my question.

There have been multiple posts about relays sticking and being replaced. So (AFAIK) Naim can & do replace them. I expect that the relays are a stock item - but discussion of DIY replacement would break the Forum rules. So… don’t… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I do not have the skills to do such replacements just wondering about stocks of these with naim

Hi, and thanks to IanRobert,
As far as I understood with the POTs 8 Boards (you cited Neils post), it is not an out of stock situation (and the stock should not be discussed here). It is more a the adventure of the new custom/transit post Brexit. Items have have longer transit times.
And that the local naim dealers does not always have POTs8 boards in stock is also very good to unterstand. POTs8 update is no by far no daily job anymore.
ALL is fine from the naim perspective.
Only one impatient guy :slight_smile: putting the cat among pigeons here :slight_smile: (does this phrase fit here? googled it and “putting the cat among pigeons” sounds convenient :))

…is a bit of a generalisation, we have used quite a few types across different products, double pole, single pole changeover & three different voltages.

Drago is quite correct when he said:

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.