Tidal Connect

Hey Clare, thanks for providing these updates last week - are we hoping for a release this week now? My toes are crossed this time as well :crossed_fingers:

Whisper it quietly, but we look good for first TIDAL Connect update (current Uniti and streamers) this week: Mu-so 2nd Gen family to follow.

7 Likes

Can you share a (broad) time frame (won’t keep you to it) in which to expect the release for the Mu-so’s ? Days, weeks, months?

It’ll be before the end of the year; that’s a hard deadline. Once we go into test phase, we’ll be able to give a more detailed ETA. Right now, i’d predict November, but let’s see how that testing goes - it’s a major release, with a lot more in it than just TIDAL Connect…

1 Like

Well - The Update is there for my 555. Downloading as I type.

1 Like

Ah, you are one of the first -the firmware update is rolling out over the next few hours. We’ll be putting up all the details @3pm, FYI. Any questions in the meantime, just ask.

3 Likes

Thanks Clare. Is it just for the classic streamers today? My Atom did not have the update available.

It’s being rolled out today for
Uniti Atom, Uniti Atom Headphone Edition, Uniti Star, Uniti Nova, ND5 XS 2, NDX 2, ND 555.

As mentioned, this will be a staged rollout, so some units may go live before others.

5 Likes

My nova is updating as we speak :crossed_fingers::heart_eyes::+1:

And just like that it was there for the Atom also. Both updates completed with no probelms. Good to see the support for Spotify Hi Fi. Sadly, I can’t try Tidal Connect as we have no access in Japan! The other fixes all look good though.

2 Likes

Installed successfully on NDX2, and a quick test of Tidal Connect gets the thumbs up - many thanks Team!

2 Likes

Installed on my Uniti Atom, easy! Listening to my first track via Tidal Connect now, which is awesome, I’ve been looking forward to this all year. Thanks Naim!

By the way, great to see the firmware update includes Spotify HiFi support, really looking forward to that too.

2 Likes

Are you supposed to add the device afresh on the app? It disappeared on mine anyway but now successfully added again with settings apparently intact.

Yes! MY ND5XS2 has an update available. Forgot how this works…… can I still play music while updating?

You shouldn’t have to add the device again, but - like any system change - there can be the odd anomaly. Personally, whenever I do any update to a connected device - not just Naim - I reboot everything - device, smartphone/tablet running the App etc - to check everything’s on the same page.

1 Like

No, you can’t. Just start the update and leave it be until it’s done - it’s not a huge update, so shouldn’t take long (depending on your download speeds etc!)

Got it Clare. Thanks!:+1:

For some reason Naim isn’t explaining this to customers, but when you update one of the new platform streamers, the app that kicked off the update is prevented from looking for the streamer for 15 mins, ostensibly to stop people bothering the streamer before it’s done.

So you don’t need to add it again, restart anything or perform any other strange ritual. After 15 mins, discovery is re-enabled and the streamer will reappear in your rooms. Or you can use an instance of the app on another device. That will show the streamer as soon as it’s back on the network.

Best

David

1 Like

I think it wasnt even 10 minutes in my case - my nd5xs2 is on and swinging on new soft. Sounds rather good.

4 Likes