Tidal Connect

We haven’t launched TIDAL Connect integration yet - it’s currently in development for release later this year. We’ll keep you all updated!

thanks @clare.newsome for the reply, puts my
mind rest at least I wasn’t totally wrong, look forward to the update

1 Like

thanks @Naim.Marketing for the update on Tidal Connect integration - in a previous thread (or even in the news…?) a staff member mentioned Q1 release; is this still the case? Or will it be later on in the year?

Still in discussion right now - software team working on a lot of different projects, but i’ll keep everyone up to date as soon as I hear anything more definite.

Why did you pick the Nova over the NAD M33?

Better match with Focal Kanta 2
Sonically better.

2 Likes

Hi, is there a way to set Spotify connect with my new unit atom? It seems that it’s always Chromecast that is used. Is there a setting I’m missing? I’m using the latest APP on a iPhone X a

Excuse me answering on Clare’s behalf.
So long as you name your devices carefully it should be obvious which are Chromecast or not. I am playing my Nova via Spotify connect in this example. It will be the same on your Atom if you are using IOS.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi, many thanks for taking the time I suspected id posted in the wrong place but as I may have mentioned I have zero experience of this forum ( using it on an iPad pro). Just for some context and hopefully not too boring. I am a long term stroke victim -twice! After months of convalescence I have now retired. Unfortunately my short term memory has gone completely so I can see something one minute but have forgotten it as I am replying. I am a brit in France and my French is not good enough to engage in any technical discussion and anyhow I bought the unity atom and klipsch speakers on the dealers website during the lockdown so support is virtually impossible. I previously purchased the Mu-Su mk1 in an effort to simplify my listening as my old linn/naim system was getting too complicated as I wanted to integrate my Spotify playlists. After trading off all my old system to a local tradesperson in exchange for some work on the house I began to miss the stereo separation of true stereo speakers so decided to keep the muso for tv use and go back to traditional HiFi system but with the minimum of components, my stupidity is not likely to get better with age! Ok sorry about the ramble, your screenshot has made me realise one really important point - I’m talking about tidal connect! Thanks I’ll come back when and if I get my s**t together.
Many thanks
Brian

2 Likes

Hi adeypoos, after your reply which helped me realise that I was talking about tidal and not Spotify - which I use as well. It made me think about my other ongoing project which is probably more complicated if I let it be. I wonder if I might impose on you for more advice?
I’m looking at ripping my collection of CD’s that are currently sitting in the garage. The idea is to be independent of an internet connection for my music. Our internet provider will be the first to go in the event of another “yellow jackets” type dispute so if like to rip the CDs to FLAC. I’m considering the naim unit core for the job as I looked at a review on YouTube and saw some of the reviews promoted by naim on their website - they all seem to point to it being straightforward to use ( essential for me ) and an obvious visual fit with my Uniti atom. I’m looking to avoid multiple boxes so I can keep it simple. Here is a real basic question - how do I calculate how big an SSD I need in the unit CORE? I will need to instruct the supplier on how big a capacity I need. Thanks again for your help in anticipation, if you don’t know or can’t be bothered please point me to where I can learn about how this forum works so I can post to more than just you! At the moment I just go to the naim website and go to the bottom of the page and hit forums - I have a username and password but have not been asked to log in today?

In my own experience, 500 CD’s ripped to flac (level 5 compression) will use around 200 gb. A 1 TB drive should easily hold over 2000 CDs in flac format. I have now 529 albums at 225 gb on a 2 TB drive, lots of room for more. Mine are a mix of cd rips (444) and several hires (85) downloads.

You may want to consider what storage you would need in future if you start to buy downloads as CDs become less widely available. These are often available in a hires format that has a much larger file size.
For CD rips you should find that 0.5GB per disc is a good figure to work on for FLACs, but bear in mind that any drive will grind to a halt if completely full, so you should allow plenty of leeway.

If you’re not too bothered about going with just Naim and the Core, there are other options from Vortexbox or Innuos that might give you a better bang for your buck. They are also very simple to use and will give you more options in the future. You might want to check out some reviews before committing to one.

Seems like I’ve been beaten to it. No worries as it’s not my area of expertise anyway.

Many thanks for the response, I appreciate the help. I’m going to look at the alternatives on youtube as we are still shut down over here and I’m in the high-risk category according to my GP. Any decision will be taken without any physical review, I’m new to this way of doing it so I was sticking with naim as at least I’ve had their stuff before. Ok thanks everybody for your help!

Many thanks anyhow, I’ve got what I needed to calculate the SSD size and I will look at the alternatives on YouTube.

Thanks for the tip I’m off to YouTube to see some reviews, I hadn’t really bothered much as I’ve had naim stuff before and it is really simple looking and integrates well. My wife is less impressed with their pricing but I’m prepared to pay for simplicity of use.

Thanks for the tip, I can now calculate what I need. So far I’ve not looked past nails own solution as it seems simple and integrates well with my existing kit.

I’m sure you would find the Core easy to live with, but only if you are happy with its basic metadata handling. If you have much Classical music you will almost certainly be unhappy with the limited metadata fields it offers, but that’s not a problem for everybody.
I think it’s fair to say that any decent UPnP server will integrate well with a Naim streamer, and some offer a much wider functionality at a much lower price.

hey @Naim.Marketing ! has there been any development on an ETA for this? hoping to hear some good news!