Tidal Connect

Really good progress being made, but I don’t have a definitive date to share just yet - will keep everyone updated!

@clare.newsome great, thank you! are you able to clarify if we can expect it in Q1, Q2 or later in the year?

It’s not in beta testing so maybe later than that.

That’s really no indication at this point, I can assure you.

@jstewart01 There are a lot of variables, so we can’t commit right now - sorry! As soon as I know anything more concrete, i’ll share that info here.

1 Like

Marvin

Hello, any updates on tidal connect for Atom? You must have some kind of road map, schedule. A month, or rather 6 months?

Using Tidal via Naim app is a horror. Sorry to say that, but it is laggy and search results are awkward (ie try typing “beastie” both in Naim app search and in Tidal app search, assuming searching for Beastie Boys of course).

Please share some approximates.

Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t give you an exact date, but I don’t think you’ll need to wait too much longer for Tidal Connect. Stay patient…

3 Likes

That will be the Naim content filter kicking in saving the listener from that choice of music :grin:

1 Like

There’s me thinking you were a Jethro Tull fan :grin:

Hahahha :smiley: Luckily I don’t grow up!

TIDAL Connect will be in the next major Firmware release

Sounds somewhat promising, although 3.5.0 was released back before September 2020 iirc, now 3.6.0 in March 2021, so we can expect it around September 2021…

edit - just realised this is 11 months after Tidal Connect was announced, and @Stevesky had a working beta on an Atom!

Oh ye of little faith…

Should be a summer of new streaming options for many Naim owners :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t think you’ll need to wait too much longer for Tidal Connect.

3 months is still a fair while in software world, and that’s assuming towards the start of summer!

Truth be told, I’d have more faith if you’d just said it will be a summer of new streaming options!

Hi @Naim.Marketing hopefully you’re referring to some new hardware as well in the summer :smile:

While I know the current Atoms work just fine and eventually will be getting a Tidal Connect update, its been 4 years since this range was released and were probably designed 1-2 years before then so I’m hoping at some point you plan on updating the hardware in this range and I’m holding out for a new Atom in summer :crossed_fingers:

The current Uniti range are global, award-winning bestsellers - no plans to replace any of the existing models, all of which will keep getting upgrades via software updates.

You’ll need to watch this space re any other launches :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When are you shipping my 272.2? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks like Cambridge Audio are ahead - they’re removing Tidal integration from their app, which would mean less bug-fixing on their side of things…

Not long to wait for the Naim implementation now, I can assure you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you so much Clare. You dont really expect to buy gear and have automatic feature updates, let alone free updates. We really do all appreciate it, and thank you all!

2 Likes

Paying premium, I do.

2 Likes