Tidal drop outs with

FWIW - I have played several albums over the past couple of days using TIDAL (HiFi Subscription) and have not had any dropouts. I have a hardwire ethernet connection to my NDX and do not use wifi. MY two main sources for music is a NAS with approximately 2000 albums and TIDAL and the occasional Internet Radio

I was at my local Stereo shop last evening and they mentioned that they have had intermittent dropouts using TIDAL in the shop and have spoken with customers who have reported issues.

So I guess I have just been the exception to this latest connectivity issue with using NAIM & TIDAL. Hopefully they will resolve the issue soon.

and (knock on wood) I will stay connected in the meantime…

I think you are correct to point the finger in Tidal’s direction as problems exist across different countries and manufacturers, not just Naim. There is also the issue that problems are not prevalent in the latest generation of Naim streamers. Something has changed and I don’t think it was from Naim or other manufacturers.

1 Like

I’m here in Toronto and have also been experiencing the drop-outs as well.

Please let your retailer know and ask them to contact both Naim and Tidal.

Late on Friday night into Saturday Tidal worked fine into the 272 with no issue for over 3 hours. When I tried again on Saturday morning and then again Saturday evening it was effecitvely useless, every track stopping after half a minute or so. Presently it’s got through the first minute of the first track it’s been invited to play.

Frustrating or what? Shell out a boatload of cash for something that now only works when the world isn’t watching Youtube & iPlayer videos.

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of Tidal dropouts this morning while listening to the Qb.
:roll_eyes:

And it’s just stopped after about 4 tracks.

What’s as frustrating is the dealer response, telling me that the latest f/w update has resolved this when it patently hasn’t.

1 Like

Here in NZ with my Uniti 2 tidal dropping out all the time. Reading the threads it would suggest that this is something that Naim and Tidal should respond and sort out… mucking around with your Isp servers settings etc… is not going to solve the problem. So Naim what’s the story?

2 Likes

Beginning to get on my t-ts this, you just dont know if its going to stop or not.
Doesn’t matter what time of day it is, it can be fine on minute then stop.
I haven’t done the 4.7 as yet, but looking at other posts its not going to make any difference anyway.
Hope they sort it out soon

Arghhhhhhhh

Look I know this is a first world problem but surely Naim and Tidal ought to be making some kind of statement.

4 Likes

I got my Superuniti back in 2016. Never had any Dropouts. All is wired, no Wifi. I started having these dropouts ever since last Christmas. Some days are really bad, some days it plays for hours.
Germany btw.

2 Likes

Got a news letter from Naim, the other day:
“This month we’ve been on a mission to help people get more from music streaming”
I haven’t seen any help (or information)!!!

3 Likes

Just to add my experience. I’ve a qute 1 with the upgrade to 24/192 in my kitchen and a nac-272 in my living room. Both are connected to the router [virgin hub 3] via the mains and TP link. I know this is frowned upon but it worked well for the first 6 months. The problem is primarily with Tidal dropping out, so Virgin came out, found a problem with the router and changed it, problem seemed to be sorted, but it’s now returned with a vengeance, it drops out sometimes after 30 mins, but usually within 5 minutes. So I got a length of ethernet cable from my dealer. So the 272 is hardwired directly and the qute via TP link, in multi room mode led by the 272, no change to simultaneous dropout or the frequency. So this afternoon I’ve set the 272 to wifi, and the qute hardwired, interestingly the wifi is much more stable, it drops out after maybe 10 mins, but in that time the qute drops out multiple time, also the qute comes back and picks up the music again as long as the 272 is still going, previously when both were hardwired any dropout reset the content to track one every time. Why would the direct link drop out before the wifi? Either way it is unplayable as it is

This thread reminds me of the frustrating days when the wifi in the house goes down, after spending a few unproductive hours you take a walk to the village store only to find out the whole village has no internet as the nice men from BT are “fixing” something.
As I posted earlier in this thread it appears not only Naim streamers are affected, Moon and Linn are also reporting dropouts, although Linn users have a little more difficulty communicating with each other these days, unlike Naim users thanks to this excellent forum. The Tidal dropouts are also affecting different countries.
So I would think that Tidal hold the key to resolution and perhaps the threat of their customers of leaving might focus their effort and resources.

An internet search shows that Sonus users also have been having Tidal dropouts in the last month.

Must be the old tech with Moon, Linn and Sonos. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So this morning I decided to download the Tidal app to my 2011 iMac (connected by Ethernet to a Netgear Orbi 3000 router which picks up its signal from the main modem/router supplied by the cable company). The iMac is connected to 15 year old Bose Series III speakers and a sub-woofer. Well, for three hours not one dropout! And I even played some of the MQA songs offered on Tidal. Great SQ from the Bose speakers but not as rich as the Naim Muso.

Then, I come downstairs and turn on the Naim Muso and the 1st, 5th, and 11th songs drop. I’m onto song 12 now and although I’d like to sit back and enjoy the music, I can’t because I’m waiting for the next drop to occur.

On another note (pun intended), I received an email from Tidal today saying they’re still working on the problem…

1 Like

Even more drop outs on ND5 XS today.
Not one drop out on Apple TV Tidal App.

1 Like

Is it possible to sign out of Tidal (and back into Tidal) on the Naim app?
If so, how?
If not, do you have to do this on the Tidal app?
And might this sometimes solve the drop outs problem?