Tidal launches HiFi Plus

Yes, indeed. It’s a very valid reason as to why Tidal (and its patented MQA copyright) is still relevant, but of course it is a trade-off of how much suffering from the ‘pain of listening to some MQA’ encoded music you are prepared to accept in looking for some rare albums? :wink:

No Qobuz yet here in backwater Canada. :confused:

6 Likes

I much prefer Tidal and “only” run at HiFi as this option has been available in Australia for a while now. Sounds mighty fine to me. Hours of fun.

Will Neil Young put his catalogue back on the hifi tier now? I’m not 100% up on the ins and outs of his decision but I thought he didn’t like MQA.

I find Tidal connect more detailed and rhythmic on my Nova compared to streaming through Roon… It’s more engaging. Through Roon, it’s more laid back.

Good idea. Might give this a go as well and then decide which to keep.

1 Like

I think Roon is the one doing the confusing here in its formatting…

The TIDAL App (desktop or mobile) is clearer - it’s either standard CD quality FLAC or MQA (in various forms.)

1 Like

Thanks for the clear reply

As someone relatively new to streaming this has all been quite confusing.

I’ll downgrade

Of course it doesn’t mean that TIDAL won’t add non-MQA files at a later date - we’ll keep an eye out on it, along with the future arrival of Spotify Hi-Fi

1 Like

May i ask if anyone encounter tidal not able to play from naim app aft this hifi plus upgrade?

Im using nd555

Fine on my ND555, with no intervention required (either via Naim App or TIDAL Connect)

Worth restarting your phone/tablet (fully power down and back up again) to see if that is an easy fix.
If not, I would suggest logging out and back in to TIDAL in the Naim App.

Tried all still doesnt work. Happen today. Had not been listening since Monday.

My core is working fine though

I’ve downgraded to Hifi. I mainly use Tidal on the Qb Mk. 1 at my mum’s and occasionally at my place if something I want to hear isn’t on Qobuz. That’s a nice saving, if I listen to an artist a few times so that they’d get a couple of quid from the plus level I’ll probably buy their album anyway.

1 Like

I had issues with the app on one device. Eventually rebooting the hub and iPad fixed it. Worth trying

U mean reset my modem?

I would only try that once you try the simpler potential fixes I mention above

I had tried what u suggested clare, but it doesnt work still… :scream:

Is it not working via TIDAL Connect (via TIDAL App) as well as Naim App?

Restart rather than reset.

This was after I tried:

1. Restarting the IPad

2. Restarting the NDX

3. Reinstalling the app

4. Getting annoyed

I have always only listen to tidal using naim app. Its so sudden