Tidal Max not working

Yes, it’s very strange that Naim hasn’t resolved this and certainly not good for the credibility of the brand. Remarkable and downright bad.

4 Likes

Interesting to note that the recent BBC outage debacle has caused official Naim people to comment only when, I perceive, Naim deems it appropriate. But this thread had been going for many, many months without any official engagement.

2 Likes

Only reasonable presumption at this point is that Naim doesn’t care about their streaming customers.

Otherwise they would communicating clearly what the plan is, even if it’s a “no” to Tidal Max.

Why assume that and not that their statement issued a few months ago still stands?

Because the “statements” were mixed messages and have amounted to false promises.

I understand that anyone who rings up and speaks to Naim about Tidal Max support is now being told the necessary firmware update will be this December.

1 Like

I’ve already decided to switch to Qobuz. Too late. Very disappointed. Poor show Naim.

This is simply not fair for the customers. We spent significant about of money to purchase Naim equipment and what quality of support do we get?

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings if true.
On the one hand, I am happy it’s coming. But, it will have been a long wait.

2 Likes

What is your source?

It’s all over Facebook for a start.

Guessing naim will release firmware to address the vtuner unreliability first, or maybe it will be a combined release.

Poor software guy can only work on one thing at once.

Thanks! Our patience is being tested

Any links to that info on Facebook?

Just look at any of the many naim groups.

People querying when Tidal Max will be supported have had replies from naim support saying December.

2 Likes

Which year?

7 Likes

That would mean that people like me who rely on 3rd party integrations would be up the creek without a paddle. Clearly not Naim’s fault but it would accelerate the need for me to look for a replacement for my NDX.

Seems like the official reply is…crickets…

:rofl:

1 Like

I really don’t understand why Naim do not have a sticky for important issues (or trivial) like this.

At the moment we have customer services, a few senior managers and designers, very helpful forum members and a very knowledgeable forum manager (and perhaps others) all having to engage with this and other fairly straightforward issues when a single post with the situation clearly outlined is all one needs.

3 Likes

Naim managed a sticky and senior engagement on the recent BBC radio / vTuner outage threads, so clearly choose not to on this. The lengthening timescale and lack of offical engagement suggests to me that there are major problems making it work. I hope to be proved wrong, but in the absence of anything concrete we are entitled to ask and to speculate.

1 Like