Tidal Max not working

I actually just moved back to Tidal because of this. Normally I use roon but actually think the Tidal app is better than roon when using iPhone.

1 Like

I hope all those stressing about this can now finally relax. And I hope they can hear a difference.

4 Likes

How do I really know it’s playing in Tidal Max hi-res as the rate does not show on my Nova PE’s display?

In my Lindemann app there is a “Max”
Symbol. There is no such thing in naim app when playing max files?

I don’t use Tidal so can’t check but I expect the Now Playing screen in the app will show you the bit rate it’s playing (as @Kryptos shows in the next post).

1 Like

You can either see it on the device by pressing the button to the right of the home button on the remote:

It will cycle between only album art and details and there you will see the res.

Or you can look in the app by tapping the lower part of the screen by the control buttons to show detail about the current track:

And if you use Tidal Connect you’ll also see it by tapping the Max icon on a high res track in the Tidal app.

3 Likes

It still doesn’t show on the display using the remote but it does on the app. Thanks.

I really hope Naim have nailed this first time.

It works just fine, don’t worry.

Yes it does.

5 Likes

Apologies for what is probably a stupid question.
I have done update on my ND 555. As a test I lined up the same Rachel Podger track that you were playing there HH, using just the Naim app and it only plays in 16/44.
However I can use Tidal Connect and I can then play in 24/192.
Is Tidal Max supposed to work directly from the app?
I’m probbaly missing something obvious.
Thanks

It should work natively too.

Things to try:
Is your Naim app updated to the latest version?
Power down the unit by pulling the plug, wait a minute or so, and power back up.

On my NSS 333 I can still only play Tidal in 16/44 (both from the Naim app and from Tidal connect)
I can also not update the firmware, when I try I get the message that the latest version 5.1.1 (8358) has already been installed.

I think some updates are coming later than others, such as ND5XS2 or QB2 (the 2 I am waiting for).

3 Likes

New Classic update coming next week:

Should be 3.10.0 and not 3.1.0 in the comment, for clarity.

4 Likes

I am downloading the update for Nova. Will the firmware for Muso and Qb 2nd generation be updated too?

Under services and accounts, go to Tidal and set quality to Max.

5 Likes

OMG No Adele?
Martin

For some reason it does with Qobuz but not Tidal Max.

Maybe it’s because am using the Tidal app and not the Naim app. Will check.