Tidal Max not working

I’m clearly missing something here.

1 Like

Good innit?

ATB, J

No not with the Naim app either. Maybe the PE is different?

I have lots of her recordings. She’s one of my favourite violinists.

1 Like

Have you set the quality to Max in the app input settings as shown by @HungryHalibut above?

First listen today, believe it or not :astonished:.

Unless I’m missing something, Tidal doesn’t identify HiRes tracks unlike Qobuz……?

ATB, J

Yep set to Max in both Naim and Tidal app’s.

Am using Ethernet and not WiFi.

Then probably time to contact Naim Support.

This is great news! I am installing the new firmware as I type this.

2 Likes

Just updated my NDX2.
Not flawless this time as it got stuck on the 2-4-5 blinking power button for 20+ minutes. Unplugging the power cord and a reboot solved that. All good again and playing Max as I type this. :blush:

1 Like

All is well with my NDX2 after the update.

I looked at my Tidal music, and only a small percentage of it is actually in Hi-Res. :frowning_face:
Oh well :thinking:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

I had the exact same feeling when first confronted with, but don’t worry, with time you hit more Max albums and tracks as you discover more and Tidal upload hi res Flac versions on the back catalogue.

1 Like

Most recent releases, as in last 2 years, seem to be available as hi-res.

1 Like

No, a disappointing percentage of new releases are still “High”.

That hasn’t really changed over the last 12 months since we started using Tidal Max.

I suspect it will be some time until the default for all new recordings is HiRes.

1 Like

Maybe I should now switch back to Tidal? I assume the SQ between Tidal and Qobuz is about the same.

Having never used Qubuz I have no helpful comment to make.

Tidal sounds very good with current firmware, and the Tidal App is excellent so having HiRes Tidal Connect is great.

1 Like

Thanks IainO. I’ll likely try Tidal Connect soon.

1 Like

It’s fantastic to have Tidal Connect available again. We’ve been using hardware or software workarounds for 12 months, all now redundant on NDX2.

The Tidal App is fantastic, great UI and search etc. streets ahead of naim app. To be able to use it, and have NDX2 render choices in HiRes, is fab.

We will still use mConnect for SuperUniti - the fact a device from 2011 can play Tidal Max via uPNP is a total bonus.

1 Like