Tidal not behaving……

I don’t think on a HiFi subscription you get offered higher bit rates than 16/44.1kHz that you pay for with a HiFi Plus subscription.

Chris Stapleton’s Higher album plays at 16/44.1kHz for me.

For me both Normal and HiFi work. It’s just the pauses, slow connecting and stutters that are annoying me.

good shout that mate

Well, as you say, how? But it was working!

Thx. I restarted the streamer. That worked. But the stuttering remains. For now I have to deal with that. Let’s see what Naim comes up with hopefully soon.

Hopefully this will turn out just to need a server side fix by Tidal (which needn’t take long).

1 Like

Dear all
Are any of you having problems streaming music from Tidal to Naim streamer? I have a NAC-N 272 and Tidal combo. My music from the streamer has started to stutter, sometimes with long pauses in the tracks, it takes a very long time for the music to play when I have selected a music album. When I control the volume from the Tidal app, it doesn’t work resolutely. I’ve tried playing different albums and it’s the same, big gaps in the music.
I should say that I have checked everything with my network provider, everything is running at full power and there is nothing to notice there. I have also reset my NAC 272 to factory settings and rebuilt it with connections. I have a fixed LAN cable from router to NAC272, streamer version 4.8.00
Gaps occur most often at the beginning of each track, but in general the streaming is very unstable. Has anyone experienced something similar?
I’m attaching a screenshot of my software setup, maybe that makes sense to some.

1 Like

Always worth checking what else is being said before you post on a problem. See:

2 Likes

Ok, oh im sorry… Do I have any chance to erase my post. I will do that… thanks

@Richard.Dane maybe you could merge Peter’s post into the main thread?

2 Likes

Something is wrong when I connect Tidal connect to choose song, it blocks or rather skips and then Inhave to reboot app. Anyone seen this?

Thanks

1 Like

For this afternoon’s listening, I just added Tidal account to my Bubble installation and there is no problems there. Whether the issue is Tidal, the Tidal implementation on 1st Gen streamers, the Naim app or a combination of all 3, I’ve just decided to give up on the Naim app totally and will now just use Bubble instead. No one with a 1st gen streamer should be worried about their devices being “bricked” because of any of this. Either (1) wait to see what Naim come back with as a response or (2) use a 3rd part app (like BubbleUpnp) to handle it and then send the data over Upnp to the Naim device.

2 Likes

This is exactly as I did a minute ago and it works. For now it suffices.

1 Like

Just to add to the rumble of annoyance, I noticed this issue about a week ago and put it down to a bad internet connection. Obviously not the case. I am using an ND5SX with Tidal. Playing albums via my Core over the network works flawlessly. Tidal stutters at the beginning of every track, making it unusable. Have upgraded the streamer software recently to resolve a separate issue. Hopefully Tidal are looking into it.

i think you talk sense mate, is there a guide to doing this? im not computer savvy

I just got my Uniti2 back from the menders (not streaming related) and put Tidal on. It streamed at 96k. I was buzzing then all the above happened, stuttering and non responsive. R3 and CDs for now!

Look into Audirvana Studio instead. Download, install, log in to your Tidal account, done. Much easier and better user interface doing similar stuff as bubble bobble :slight_smile: And when you’re at it, get Qobuz instead. They also have a remote app in your smartphone app store.

i look the look of the interface, what do i run it on?

i have a macbook pro, iphones, nas drive etc

Edit, just signed up for the free trial on the studio one.

do you use qobuz or tidal?

I’m sure this issue will be sorted by Naim soon, but I use bubble anyway for Qobuz, so it didn’t involve any extra effort to use it for Tidal also. Have a search for bubbleupnp on this site. Or go to Bubble’s site for help. It will probably be more helpful than what I’ll over below :). I can only give help for android users. Basically download bubbleupnp from the Android store and install it on your phone. You can try it for free (but the free version is limited in some way (I can’t remember how)). There is an option in the app to add accounts for things like Qobuz and Tidal. Once you’ve added you Tidal login details, it will be able to search and play music from your Tidal account (including your playlists etc). When you search, it will pick up results from local libraries, your phone, Tidal, Qobuz etc. You also need to select your Naim device in the Renderer’s list (click on the speaker icon) at the bottom. It will see you Naim device. Once selected, it will send the audio to your Naim device. You can get a bit cleverer if you also install the Bubble Upnp server app to run on a pc/laptop etc.But that’s not necessary for basic playback.
If people think this is all a bit convoluted, I’d wait a few days to see what Naim’s response is. I’m sure they’ll try to fix this. My only concern is if the changes are such that it is not possible to fix them on 1st gen devices…In which case, people will have to use things like bubble for streaming.

1 Like

I use Qobuz with Audirvana but Tidal is supported to. Install studio on your macbook pro and download their app for your iPhone. There are some settings in Audirvana where you can do some tweaking if needed. I run my Audirvana on an old Macmini without display and run their remote app on my macbook and iPhone.

On my NDS Audirvana + Qobuz is a MAJOR sound quality improvement in comparison to native Tidal on NDS. I believe it’s due to offloading a lot of processor work on the NDS but it’s me guessing.

1 Like