Tidal not behaving……

So are we all suffering Network issues. Would seem highly unlikely?!:thinking:

3 Likes

I know, it does seem unlikely that a problem that started simultaneously for multiple users is caused by home network issues. Even so I’ve tried the config change they suggested and will do the scan to get them the data requested.

Well I see useless naim still haven’t sorted out yet another calamity with thier substandard kit/service. Dear oh dear

Give it a break, please do, I opened the thread 3 days ago to seek resolution not for people just to have a whinge fest and vent. I’ve had Naim equipment for 20 years and this is the first problem I’ve ever encountered.

6 Likes

Release just now from Audirvana.

we could all just listen to Radio Paradise for the next few days while Tidal sorts this out.

who knows, we might stumble across some new music in the process

4 Likes

I’ve been using this Chris Stapleton album at a test (because it was one of the first 2 albums I started listening to on my Qb), I don’t have Max, it’s 44kHz. SoI’m not sure what they’re serving on my hifi sub. I’ve pointed them to this thread.

Indeed, I signposted them here.I think Steve might currently be on holiday so may not see the tag yet.

Is it one of these stations you like?

I believe it might be The Jazz Groove East and West which is called Mix 1 and Mix 2 over att The Jazz Groove web page. There you can subscribe and get a link to lossless which you paste into Audirvana (as with all radio stations I guess).

Thanks - they do both seem very good at first listen - Art Pepper and Joe Pass playing respectively.

1 Like

Does the subscription Flac version sound noticeably better?

Absolutely. You can cancel at any time. I do remember I was bit amazed by how good the 128kbps stream sounded though :flushed:

1 Like

Hello. I come late but I report the same issues you have mentioned: the stream breaks down or stutters, there are long pauses before an album starts playing after it’s been selected. This happens irrespective of the file resolution. I have Tidal HiFi and use the Naim Focal app to control my NDX (first version, 2015). Best, Giuseppe

1 Like

Just stumbled across this and relieved to see others have the same issue I experienced at the weekend - on Tidal track halts at 11 secs, for a few secs then gets going and stops again at 27 secs etc. My son said ‘its buffering Dad, leave it for a few mins’ which I did but still endless stop/start. Played same track from Spotify and all good, but not the same quality. So I thought must be having trouble with the file size on Tidal. Anyway, went over to CDs instead. Am away this week and switched it all off before I left so hope that with a week off it will all come back to normal life next weekend. Hoping its just a Tidal glitch and not an NDX glitch - already had that with the UnitiServe which is now redundant hence my move to streaming! If its a bigger issue I will be out of Naim digital kit and just retain the amps.

No statement from Naim yet?

was just wondering the same.

@Richard.Dane - is the streaming team aware of the issue??

They are, as said above I’ve been in contact with support and have been sharing information and tests from my side with them, they are working on it.
As and when they give me any updates I can share with you I will keep this thread updated.

9 Likes

:+1:

Could play musical chairs with this issue

1 Like