Tidal not behaving……

Hi Jay. I have iPad, therefor iOS

1 Like

A former work colleague who despite working in digital for all his career is a complete luddite and despises the whole idea of streaming to the point of paranoia, what if Spotify or whoever switch it off? Well what if they don’t?!

But there is a point. Thankfully it seems Tidal have fixed this latest glitch but is it going to be the case that having spent day £20k on a Naim or whatever streamer suddenly Qobuz update their system such that it no longer works?

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

Not happened to me with Qobuz🤞🏽……one of the reasons i moved from Tidal, they have a track record of doing poor changes……the likes of Naim are the last to know.

1 Like

As of 30 minutes ago, I’m still having this problem on my Uniti Star - I’ve no idea if it is classed as a ‘1st Gen’ or not :). I’ve done all the checks - including factory reset, wireless + hard wired, re loaded apps, new passwords, etc.etc. Still feeling pretty frustrated. Tidal works fine through bluetooth, of course.

I was also trying to listen the the new Chris Stapleton album on Friday evening (so a week ago) and had exactly the same issue with my NDX.

My guess is Tidal has done something that doesn’t agree with the Naim integration of the service. This has happened before, so hopefully Naim and Tidal are able to resolve the issue.

It was working for me earlier Chris and I posted this update from Naim.

Tidal , back to been annoying again :rofl::rofl: that didn’t last long .

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Hopefully they find a solution soon.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s Friday morning here in NZ. I’ll give it another try when I get home this evening.

I’m not sure why your Star is showing the symptoms, to date the reports on this thread have been that the more recent equipment including the Star have been fine and it is equipment earlier than that that has suffered. I’ll see if I get a further update from Naim tomorrow on the case I raised with them and mention to them that there is a Star now reported as affected.
I’m sorry, I was using the term 1st gen as shorthand. As of the Uniti launch in 2017 (Atom, Star and Nova) Naim have used a common platform for the streaming section of all streaming devices, those 3 Unitis, Muso 2 and Muso Qb 2, ND5XS2, NDX2, ND555, NSC 222 and NSS333. I was using 1st gen to mean any products preceding these.

It’s working fine for me as I type here in London, but I suppose this is why Naim won’t declare this fixed until they get a formal closure from Tidal, hopefully we’ll get a more stable service very soon.

1 Like

I am in Nottingham , it worked for me earlier today flawlessly, but this evening not as stable for sure. Seems ok for a while , then it’s a little janky . Fingers crossed it’s sorted soon.

I reiterate my earlier statement, that it runs fine now on my Superuniti. And it is actually way more stable than the last weeks before. I cross my fingers, that it stays like that.

1 Like

Just played The The’s amazing The Comeback Special via Tidal on my 272 (in NZ). No problems at all and sounding very good to boot!

Spoke too soon :grinning:

As per my thread this week, 272 crashes when I try to replay an album after pausing it for a while :smiling_face_with_tear:

Crashes = streamer no longer responds even after re-starting the app. Can get the 272 playing again after switching to iRadio on the front panel. Takes about 2 min to start playing.

1 Like

Working well with tidal now. No stuttering at start of track and much quicker track selection. So far so good.

1 Like

Someone told us it’s a problem concerning many brands.
I can‘t find other than Naim. Legacy Naim.
So if the sky is falling down, perhaps an enterprise boasting of supporting even the very first product is supporting products that were new just 5 years ago.

Yeah first world problems, I grant.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I noticed no Star’s in the list - a bit worrying from my perspective! But the issues sound virtually identical. For me, typically one or two tracks play fine, then the stuttering starts.

Eoink mentioned three Uniti products, the Core is a separate platform and as he described Uniti launch in 2017, Atom HE appeared some years later - Star mentioned! Hope you won’t need to worry