TIDAL stops playing before playlist ends

Perhaps @tomvamos can advise here. Otherwise, I would contact Naim support.

Hi @oldneil, best if you contact Support (support@naimaudio.com) in the first instance as, presuming you’ve tried the various suggestions on this thread, a bit of detailed troubleshooting is probably required.

I sent email to naim support weeks ago … crickets

I did a weeks of troubleshooting with TIDAL, they concluded this is a Naim hardware or software issue. More than likely firmware. As Naim support takes weeks or months, and I wanted to try Roon anyways, I have changed my hardware. No more issues!

Hi Ron, I had the same problems with my NDX with 4.8 too. My unitiqute is still on 4.7 and never had these problems. Both devices run over the same router, with the NDX being connected via cable and uniti via WiFi. I made some posts about it in the forum and was planning to give the NDX to the service. But something may have been changed or the Naim or Tidal technicians were able to solve the problem because since last Friday everything seems to be working again, even playlists with over 300 titles load quickly and without the problems that occurred before … I have no idea why this is all working again. Hope it stays that way… How about you, does it work again?

I just tested mine, still not working here, it stopped after 2 hours and 15mins approx.

Yes, much better. But still have a disconnection once a week or so. It is doable…

Today, I found the Naim app without any of my favourite albums. Very strange, everything seems to be deleted suddenly. In my Tidal app they were still all there. But how comes? What has happened? And now again my 272 cannot be found by the app…what a dissapointment.

I have experienced similar problems with my ND5 XS2 no matter what firmware version I have run. I can play a number of albums with no issues, then all of a sudden it will stop at the end of a track, bounce further down the playlist and sit there. At first I thought it was a track transition issue, but the bouncing further down the playlist is something fairly recent.

Tidal app is working better for me now but still having issues with my Uniti2 and the Naim app stopping. Had a few different texts on the unit display including ‘error’ which wouldn’t budge for ages. Another one was that the track I wanted was skipped - or word to that effect. This is nonsense as I haven’t ever requested a single track be ignored or skipped over in either app.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.