Time for a change?

Just some generic conical aluminium feet … … … “What difference can it make?” … … … shoot me now. :flushed:

I had intended to replace them with Fraim chips, ready and waiting, at the last strip down, but couldn’t see a way to safely remove the 500 head unit from the Fraim without doing my back in … … … though Pete from Acoustica seemed to have no trouble slotting it in when he installed it … … … “Stand back Dave, I’ll get it” … … … and there it was, in.

I’ve worked things out now, and the Chips will be going in soon.

What fun we do have. :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Dave… I was just thinking, reading this… if I ever needed help with spring cleaning duties and shifting the heavier Naim boxes in future… I’d have to rope in my sons for the heavier lifting. Sure as hell won’t be the girl…

As men and Naim folk, I daresay we like our Naim stuff with some considerable heft within reason, for substance and the outlay.

I’m going to stretch everyday meanwhile… am losing my suppleness and feeling it…

Meanwhile… it’s quite a feeling touching a Naim box on a daily basis… I miss those days.

In time…

Cheers

Phil P

We’re always having fun Dave, I surprised myself on Friday when I boxed the 500 head unit, I was expecting it to be a lot heavier and I lifted it with no issues at all. Probably the heaviest thing I have lifted since coming out of hospital.

I will be placing a large chip order with Pete soon. I already have an order in for longer speaker cable and longer RCA to Dins for the AV kit.
I intend to have the stack further away from the speakers and the cables hidden in the wall to tidy the room up.

Cheers,

PB

2 Likes

Wooden floor is now down :blush:

6 Likes

Going from carpet to wood floor " There May Be Treble Ahead" :flushed:

13 Likes

… is that after a few it’s hard to hold the glass. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi PB,

I used IsoAcoustics Gaia with my Focal 1008IIs. When I switched to the SBLs I put them back in their boxes but after a couple of months experimented, and they have remained; more economical than the Townshends and available via web sources with a 30 day trial period.

I wonder if PB will be having a glass coffee table as well, something he’s always contested!

Don’t worry, we have a lovely big rug on order to help tame the treble :blush:

3 Likes

Another good endorsement, I will be considering them when I get the system up and running again. :blush:

Just a thought I’ve seen how particular you are about setup. :+1:t2:

And still continue to contest Lindsay, although I may concede to Karen and have some wooden topped tables for when we want a drink in front of the telly.

1 Like

Hugely particular, there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes for the new set up, Peter and Wayne are working overtime on this one. The set up has to be perfect :blush:

1 Like

That’s pretty much guaranteed. :sunglasses: :+1:t2:

Wish you a smooth renovation.

My rgds

Phil P

I wish all the best to Mrs Bear.

Rug? Can you also get one for me head!!!

Good work PB, exciting times. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Hanging offence time, but what about a Magnum Dynalab as an alternative to the NAT01 ?

Now off to seek political asylum in a South American embassy

It wouldn’t look good on you dusty :blush:

2 Likes

Good shout Ian, however, you’re not going to get that NAT 01 and XPS-t from me :blush:

1 Like